Alleged Pedophile DAVID BRYANT caught in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
informationavailable
Tourist

Re: Alleged Pedophile DAVID BRYANT caught in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by informationavailable »

In this thread, there has been several opinions and speculation.

Here are some facts....

1. David BRYANT has been an ICE distributor in Siem Reap for at least 4 years. He would supply to bar girls on credit to sell on his behalf. The drugs were supplied to the girls by a third party, so as to distance himself in the event of police action. If those bar girls were arrested, he would deny all knowledge of them and took no responsibility for their prison time. This occurred to bar girls, Sreytouch and Chanton. Until his arrest, he was utilising a bar girl name Sana as his main selling agent.

2. In 2020, his Khmer wife (partner) took the fall for a large quantity of Ice possession found at their home. BRYANT eventually paid $6000 for her to be released, but only after she had been inside for two months. BRYANT himself has previously been arrested for ICE, but was able to pay his way out shortly after arrest.

3. Due to multiple ongoing reports, David BRYANT has been on the Cambodia Child Protection Unit's "watch list" for approximately 4 years.

4. BRYANT has been known to post slander on social media to discredit those who ask questions about his background when they have become suspicious of his illegal activities.

5. It has been a long haul for the Child Protection Unit to gather sufficient evidence to finally put an end to his sordid activities.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

informationavailable wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:21 pm 4. BRYANT has been known to post slander on social media to discredit those who ask questions about his background when they have become suspicious of his illegal activities.
It's quite libelous to accuse someone of posting slander.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Not that I know any nonces, as far as I know, but they usually aren't the aggressive, drug taking/ dealing, misogynous types. It's usually the quiet ones that go out of their way not to attract too much attention to themselves whenever I read about them.

As far as I can tell from this thread, he's not actually been convicted, and I'm a big believer in innocent until proven guilty, even for heinous crimes such as this, however, if informationavailable's post is to be believed, especially the fifth point, it does seem like a cut and dry case.

Just goes to show you that nonces exist in every walk of life. Quite eye-opening for me.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Alex wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:33 pm
informationavailable wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:21 pm 4. BRYANT has been known to post slander on social media to discredit those who ask questions about his background when they have become suspicious of his illegal activities.
It's quite libelous to accuse someone of posting slander.
Since libel is written untruths & slander is spoken untruths .... would posting a video of someone speaking untruths come under slander or libel?
Buck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Buck »

[/quote]
would posting a video of someone speaking untruths come under slander or libel?
[/quote]

I believe they call that Fox News…

YMMV

B
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

xandreu wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:57 pm Not that I know any nonces, as far as I know, but they usually aren't the aggressive, drug taking/ dealing, misogynous types. It's usually the quiet ones that go out of their way not to attract too much attention to themselves whenever I read about them.

As far as I can tell from this thread, he's not actually been convicted, and I'm a big believer in innocent until proven guilty, even for heinous crimes such as this, however, if informationavailable's post is to be believed, especially the fifth point, it does seem like a cut and dry case.

Just goes to show you that nonces exist in every walk of life. Quite eye-opening for me.
A pedo drug dealer.... Thats quite a combination.

ChatGPT had this to say:

Prompt
what is the data for people in the illegal drug trade to also be pedophiles

Response
There is no specific data or research that directly links participation in the illegal drug trade with pedophilia. These are two separate criminal activities, and while it's possible for an individual to be involved in both, it's not a direct correlation or common association. Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder, while participation in the illegal drug trade is a criminal activity often driven by different factors such as economic conditions, addiction, and organized crime.
e709
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by e709 »

informationavailable wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:21 pm In this thread, there has been several opinions and speculation.

Here are some facts....

1. David BRYANT has been an ICE distributor in Siem Reap for at least 4 years. He would supply to bar girls on credit to sell on his behalf. The drugs were supplied to the girls by a third party, so as to distance himself in the event of police action. If those bar girls were arrested, he would deny all knowledge of them and took no responsibility for their prison time. This occurred to bar girls, Sreytouch and Chanton. Until his arrest, he was utilising a bar girl name Sana as his main selling agent.

2. In 2020, his Khmer wife (partner) took the fall for a large quantity of Ice possession found at their home. BRYANT eventually paid $6000 for her to be released, but only after she had been inside for two months. BRYANT himself has previously been arrested for ICE, but was able to pay his way out shortly after arrest.

3. Due to multiple ongoing reports, David BRYANT has been on the Cambodia Child Protection Unit's "watch list" for approximately 4 years.

4. BRYANT has been known to post slander on social media to discredit those who ask questions about his background when they have become suspicious of his illegal activities.

5. It has been a long haul for the Child Protection Unit to gather sufficient evidence to finally put an end to his sordid activities.

First of all you mention "facts" but offer no evidence.

This post is about the man being involved in underage sex but bring in past illegal drug activity that is not relevant to the present case.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:05 am
xandreu wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:57 pm
A pedo drug dealer.... Thats quite a combination.

ChatGPT had this to say:

Prompt
what is the data for people in the illegal drug trade to also be pedophiles

Response
There is no specific data or research that directly links participation in the illegal drug trade with pedophilia. These are two separate criminal activities, and while it's possible for an individual to be involved in both, it's not a direct correlation or common association. Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder, while participation in the illegal drug trade is a criminal activity often driven by different factors such as economic conditions, addiction, and organized crime.
CrapGPT got it wrong again. Pedophilia is not a criminal act.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
HaifongWangchuck
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by HaifongWangchuck »

Any update on this character? Seems he probably paid a bit of tea money to wiggle free, seeing as there hasn't been any update from either the Cambodian authorities nor the US Justice Dept.(which to their credit usually shows interest in these sort of manners).
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cases take a long time to get processed, it's only been a few months.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic