Being called Stingy? A rant.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Being called Stingy? A rant.

Post by newkidontheblock »

GMJS-CEO wrote:Thankfully my wife’s family isn’t stealing our underwear and selling them. Actually, haven’t heard of that issue from anybody I know that has a Khmer partner.
You haven’t met lazy Khmer. Khmer so lazy, they don’t even wash their clothes and would rather steal others clothes to wear.

There are villagers who don’t wash their underwear and wear it for a week plus. Then throw them to missus’ older sister to wash. Who sometimes has to wash their underwear three times to get all the stains and smell out.

Selling used clothes is pretty popular in the commune market. Those that can’t afford new, buy used. Those that are too lazy to wash their own clothes, borrow (steal). Especially panties and bras.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:45 am
GMJS-CEO wrote:Thankfully my wife’s family isn’t stealing our underwear and selling them. Actually, haven’t heard of that issue from anybody I know that has a Khmer partner.
You haven’t met lazy Khmer. Khmer so lazy, they don’t even wash their clothes and would rather steal others clothes to wear.

There are villagers who don’t wash their underwear and wear it for a week plus. Then throw them to missus’ older sister to wash. Who sometimes has to wash their underwear three times to get all the stains and smell out.

Selling used clothes is pretty popular in the commune market. Those that can’t afford new, buy used. Those that are too lazy to wash their own clothes, borrow (steal). Especially panties and bras.
Please stop washing your dirty laundry in public. I haven't actually met that hillbilly tribe you got mixed up with, but I can assure you that they aren't representative of the general population. I'm disgusted and can't believe how you could associate with such trash.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
barang_TK
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by barang_TK »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:13 am Thankfully my wife’s family isn’t stealing our underwear and selling them. Actually, haven’t heard of that issue from anybody I know that has a Khmer partner.
What makes me wonder if NKOTB's missus tells him the entire truth. Sorry NKOTB but, as I don't know both of you, could it be possible that she exaggerates the money pressure her family put on her shoulders (like stealing her clothes) to hide you that she just wants to help her family more than you'd agree ? No offense.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i'm with jb> this is all BS> ur wife was educated, right? so not poor, yet you claim they steal her underwear? :facepalm:
I dont buy it.
Met plenty of shit lazy Khmers, BUT they were all men, Khmer ladies' if anything are not lazy

MY partners wife were dirt poor, the 1st 3 daughters never went to school, yet each has their own underwear and would never buy used underwear. They wear them once /day and then washed, same goes for all the ladies in her village.
what girl would wear underwear for 1 week
She is playing you or ur making this shit up :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The stolen (used) underwear does seem a bit of a stretch, granted. But I’ll offer this as a different take-

Her family (NK’s missus’) may simply have zero respect for anything which is not actually theirs. I see that in a particular sister of SWMBO’s- if it isn’t specifically something that belongs to her/them, or it’s something that they can’t conceive of a practical use for, then it’s not even treated with contempt, they just don’t see it. It gets no more consideration than maybe a piece of trash. When it comes to clothes, they tend to have a bit of a communal attitude.

Their behaviour is far from being representative of Cambodia in general, though. In fact, their (this particular branch of SWMBO’s family) behaviour is not even representative of the rest of the siblings. I consider them feral, and you can see the attitude of the mother reflected in the kids. The Khmer equivalent of a pikey, and with about as much social grace as an out of control steamroller,

That said- NKOTB. Is your missus prone to exaggeration or embellishment in any way?
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

I've heard of someone's businesses failing because their family members helped themselves to food off the shelves whenever they felt like it. I wouldn't be surprised if some people help themselves to their sister's clothes whenever it's convenient. If something like that happened to my wife she'd be reluctant to tell me either out of embarrassment or a desire to keep the peace.
Scarier than malaria.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ali baba wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:42 am I've heard of someone's businesses failing because their family members helped themselves to food off the shelves whenever they felt like it. I wouldn't be surprised if some people help themselves to their sister's clothes whenever it's convenient. If something like that happened to my wife she'd be reluctant to tell me either out of embarrassment or a desire to keep the peace.
Yes<

my partners sisters all share clothes, but draw the line at underwear.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:02 am but draw the line at underwear.
More might be being read into the panty snatching. I don’t think it was specifically inferred that they were pre-worn.

Doh!!
Last edited by Freightdog on Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:23 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:02 am but draw the line at underwear.
More might be being read into the panty snatching. I don’t think it was specifically inferred that they were pre-worn.
by newkidontheblock » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:45 am
......."Selling used clothes is pretty popular in the commune market. Those that can’t afford new, buy used. Those that are too lazy to wash their own clothes, borrow (steal). Especially panties and bras."
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Just start saying NO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic