Being called Stingy? A rant.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Re: Being called Stingy? A rant.

Post by Stravaiger »

To the OP,

You're in a difficult position that a lot of others have faced.

I think there may be a chance that you will have some good news in the fairly near future, moving your relationship to another level. Hang in there.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:30 am She brought clothes from the America to wear in Cambodia. Family took them all. Even the bra and pantries. She had to go the Siem Reap to buy more clothes, they want to take them too.
What a rapacious lot her family is :shock:
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:39 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:30 am She brought clothes from the America to wear in Cambodia. Family took them all. Even the bra and pantries. She had to go the Siem Reap to buy more clothes, they want to take them too.
More than a few posters have commented on the underlying issues that are manifesting themselves presently while your wife is in Cambodia alone.
Have you considered some "Assertiveness" training, or something along those lines, for her.
In common parlance, give her the tools and help she needs to grow a spine and stand up for herself. While that might seem a bit of a mean way to put it she does need to learn that the balance of power in her family dynamic has shifted. And shifted in her favour and she needs to be made aware of it and how to wield that power to her advantage.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

As rough as it sounds, change the flights back to the USA to the very next flight departing PP...
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

why would anyone want to steal a woman's panties?

:oops:
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

scott61 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:44 pm

Dominance
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:46 pm

Dominance
I'm OK with that. As long as they aren't taken from the laundry basket, thoroughly sniffed and returned even more soiled. I can't imagine anyone doing that.
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

scott61 wrote:
Freightdog wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:46 pm

Dominance
I'm OK with that. As long as they aren't taken from the laundry basket, thoroughly sniffed and returned even more soiled. I can't imagine anyone doing that.
This isn’t Japan, I haven’t heard of panty thieves.
I think they just take all the clothes she brought with her.

I suspect they sell them for a profit in the end.

Since they took them from her, they’re, zero cost to them. So 100% profit.

As soon as they are done wearing them, of course.

Missus used to be treated as one of them,
now she’s treated like … a Barang to be fleeced.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Thankfully my wife’s family isn’t stealing our underwear and selling them. Actually, haven’t heard of that issue from anybody I know that has a Khmer partner.
Inspirada
Tourist

Post by Inspirada »

Stravaiger wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:02 am \
You're in a difficult position that a lot of others have faced.

I think there may be a chance that you will have some good news in the fairly near future, moving your relationship to another level. Hang in there.
They're already married, so I'm not sure what this cryptic fortune cookie prediction is getting at.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic