Body of Dead Man Found Floating in River Possibly Nigerian

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Body of Dead Man Found Floating in River Possibly Nigeri

Post by AE86 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:is this a case, oh hes black he must be Nigerian? lol
That was my thoughts exactly. Black guy = Nigerian?
-insert signature here
Back_Paki_Stan
Tourist

Post by Back_Paki_Stan »

Some people do, I know of a Khmer young man that fell overboard during a party on one of the boats cruising the Tonle Sap/ Mekong. He was found the next day; actually the pics in the OP reminded me of his death.[/quote]

Well - I am assuming the Nigerian identification has some substance - and I will also say that Nigerians in SE Asia are not there for cultural enrichment. I know that's a stereotype - but the numbers don't lie. Fraud, drugs and various forms of trafficking have inherent dangers.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Back_Paki_Stan wrote: Well - I am assuming the Nigerian identification has some substance
Seriously, has it ?
Lots of speculation - that's what forums do - but where is this "substance" that you talk of ?
Link ?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

He could just as easily be American..oh, wait, I forgot, they're white, right?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

vladimir wrote:He could just as easily be American..oh, wait, I forgot, they're white, right?
The black Americans have all been shot/strangled/tasered by the police.
Therapist
Expatriate

Post by Therapist »

vladimir wrote:He could just as easily be American..oh, wait, I forgot, they're white, right?
Exactly!

Just as many people find it strange when I ask them to clarify white or black or Indian, etc when they say African.

When I tell them to go visit Africa and you will see whites and other non-black races that have been there for generations, they stare at me like I’m crazy.

'murica! Hee Haw!!!
Back_Paki_Stan
Tourist

Post by Back_Paki_Stan »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Back_Paki_Stan wrote: Well - I am assuming the Nigerian identification has some substance
Seriously, has it ?
Lots of speculation - that's what forums do - but where is this "substance" that you talk of ?
Link ?

Lots of speculation ? Really? You began to lose that cred as soon as you tried to suggest otherwise.
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

We asked 100 expats 'What nationality is this dead, dark skinned gentleman'

Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Wow, you support jumping to conclusions. Quel surprise.Would never have guessed from your avatar.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

Uh-oh, the biltong breathed sausage jockey has failed to understand a post and grasps the incorrect end of the pooh stick.

I'll forgive the lack of knowledge about Les 'The Legend' Dennis and the format for Family Fortunes.

Here's some traditional Nigerian folk music to cheer everyone up, in the light of this tragic event.

Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic