Why I hate Apple with such passion

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Why I hate Apple with such passion

Post by xandreu »

schlarry wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:03 pm Non-Apple laptop or PC, install Linux (totally FREE) has Word, Excel, PPT etc clones. Free. Brilliant OS. No updating that you don't specifically request. Fuck Windows intrusive updates. Which cretin authorised that?
Couldn't agree more, and I am a keen Linux desktop user, but the lack of apps on a phone must be an issue? Can't imagine there are many banking apps you can use, especially to pay for things in shops with QR codes, let alone Grab/ / Pass App etc types of apps.

As much as I hate the intrusiveness of both iOS and Android, I'd still rather that than limit the phone's functionality substantially by switching to a linux distro. Which is a shame. .
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Why I hate Apple with such passion

Post by ressl »

Yeah, an apple vs. android threat, spiced up with Windows vs. Linux. Not sure if there is more gunpowder available anywhere outside a religious topic.
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic