Syrian Refugee Caught on Video in France Stabbing Child (NSFW)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Syrian Refugee Caught on Video in France Stabbing Child (NSFW)

Post by violet »

^knuckling down to be right? 38% is high but it’s closer to low than it is to 80%. JB was simply calling bullshit on a bullshit figure.

This is the first time I have heard the video - shown everywhere with no sound - and omitting the visual of the woman with the pram/pushchair.

I briefly saw this on the news and there was speculation he had separated from his (Swedish) wife and child in Sweden. No idea if that has been found to be the case or what/who drove the separation.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Gary Small wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:09 pm
So your argument is that a fraction of the population accounts for 38% of the rapes. That's still pretty f****** high.
Per capita is a tool of white supremacy.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Interesting statistic from their research when looking at offenders parents.

53.9% of the offenders parents had issues with mental illness and/or substance abuse.
61.7% had a criminal record, majority for assault / theft.

Seems like quite a lot considering the average % of the population who belongs to these groups should be way way lower.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

French media have lauded a young "hero with a backpack" for his attempts to thwart a knife attack in Annecy which left four children seriously injured.

Henri, 24, was filmed chasing the suspect and swinging his bag at him.

The Catholic pilgrim - who has been touring France's cathedrals - said he had followed his instincts and did what he could to "protect the weak".

He was praised for his bravery by President Emmanuel Macron when the two met in the town on Friday afternoon.
full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65860077
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:55 pm
Sorry, I was way off. It's only 60% confirmed. My bad.

https://www.opindia.com/2021/11/sweden- ... mmigrants/
During the data analysis, the researchers found that out of 3,039 offenders included in the study, 59.2 per cent were immigrants. Out of these, 47.7 per cent were born outside Sweden.
I wonder what the last past of his statement means. I read it as 47,7% of the 'immigrants' being offenders were born outside of Sweden. Which wouldn't make any sense. Immigrants are born outside the country by default, otherwise they're not immigrants.

Still incredibly high numbers though, because immigrants for sure don't make up that part of the population in Sweden, large over representation. Bit like the Chinese kissing the road barriers in Cambodia.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:17 am

During the data analysis, the researchers found that out of 3,039 offenders included in the study, 59.2 per cent were immigrants. Out of these, 47.7 per cent were born outside Sweden.
I wonder what the last past of his statement means. I read it as 47,7% of the 'immigrants' being offenders were born outside of Sweden. Which wouldn't make any sense. Immigrants are born outside the country by default, otherwise they're not immigrants.

Still incredibly high numbers though, because immigrants for sure don't make up that part of the population in Sweden, large over representation. Bit like the Chinese kissing the road barriers in Cambodia.
They also included second and third generation immigrants which is why a large number has one or both parents born in Sweden.
Another thing to take into account is that a large % of these immigrants are western and eastern european, something like 40-70% depending on which subgroup you're looking at.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Could this be alluding to the fact that immigrant communities can have a tendency not to integrate with their new home- not as a preservation of culture, but as a resistance to being part of another society. Children of immigrants then being pretty much the same as their immigrant family?

You see it a lot in long established regions of UK’s midlands and north, and many quite blatant communities in London.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:09 am

They also included second and third generation immigrants which is why a large number has one or both parents born in Sweden.
Another thing to take into account is that a large % of these immigrants are western and eastern european, something like 40-70% depending on which subgroup you're looking at.
Yeah, the wording is a bit undefined. Some of the immigrants are Norwegians who moved to Sweden. Plus Poles, etc. I think the focus is usually on the non-Europeans living in Sweden, some of whom were born in Sweden.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:09 am

Yes, but that's a weird thing to do for comparison's sake.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:47 am

Could this be alluding to the fact that immigrant communities can have a tendency not to integrate with their new home- not as a preservation of culture, but as a resistance to being part of another society. Children of immigrants then being pretty much the same as their immigrant family?

You see it a lot in long established regions of UK’s midlands and north, and many quite blatant communities in London.
This is where the broad brush shows being pretty useless.

If this rule would be applied in to the English Royals even Harry's kids would be immigrants. :plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic