Average amount guys are paying for a girlfriend?.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Average amount guys are paying for a girlfriend?.

Post by ItWasntMe »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:09 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:39 pm Not Khmer girlfriends, but Khmer wives in the west get ‘allowances’ from their a Khmer husbands of 5-10K a month, so missus tells me. Otherwise, they get a job to make the 10K a month tor themselves on personal spending.
It's fantastic to hear how easy it is for people in the west to get $120,000 a year spending money. Sounds like paradise. :facepalm:
I'm pretty sure she meant 5-10k reil.

Otherwise I'll be the first one on here to start self identifying as a hot khmer woman, bling bling!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

My brother-in-law has a gf who's already broken up with him multiple times. After each break up she gets the police to help her demand a one off palimony payment and inevitably returns once the money runs out.
Freightdog wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:12 amMore recently, in the province, one of the younger cousins, about 10years old, was attacked and robbed near the school, for her bling earrings and necklace. No great loss, as they were only a few thousand Riels from the local market.
It must have been a very gentle robbery to cause no loss worth mentioning when removing earrings.
Scarier than malaria.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

ali baba wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:40 pm My brother-in-law has a gf who's already broken up with him multiple times. After each break up she gets the police to help her demand a one off palimony payment and inevitably returns once the money runs out.
Freightdog wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:12 amMore recently, in the province, one of the younger cousins, about 10years old, was attacked and robbed near the school, for her bling earrings and necklace. No great loss, as they were only a few thousand Riels from the local market.
It must have been a very gentle robbery to cause no loss worth mentioning when removing earrings.
I’m told the earrings cost around r2500. I’m fairly sure the intensity of the event doesn’t correlate.

Personally, I’d be cautious about shoving them in ears, at that price, just for the suitability of the metal.
Plan B
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Plan B »

Most Khmer girls in relationships with Barang have a Khmer husband or boyfriend. Usually introduced as ' her brother'. They are parasites and indirectly supported by the Barang.

Then there is the lies. And the lies swarm. Mama Hospital bill inflated times 10!!!!.

I always remember when a Khmer girl told me they love 'old dumb barang' best. She went on to say ' because they believe the lies no Khmer man ever would'.

To be fair I am sure many guys get treated well by their Khmer girlfriends. Just don't ask me the %.!!!
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Plan B wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:16 pm Most Khmer girls in relationships with Barang have a Khmer husband or boyfriend. Usually introduced as ' her brother'. They are parasites and indirectly supported by the Barang.

Then there is the lies. And the lies swarm. Mama Hospital bill inflated times 10!!!!.

I always remember when a Khmer girl told me they love 'old dumb barang' best. She went on to say ' because they believe the lies no Khmer man ever would'.

To be fair I am sure many guys get treated well by their Khmer girlfriends. Just don't ask me the %.!!!
I think it kind of depends how you arrive here. There will be one of two distinct experiences or outcomes.

The seedy world gets thrust upon a man pretty fast and then he gets drawn in to that experience of shady types that got mentored by liars and thieves until they too become just that - especially if he heads to the bars and nightlife which is bound to happen.

Otoh if a man arrives in Cambodia and has a good girl on his arm from the very beginning - as I was fortunate enough to do - he will never know these types because when they see you with your lady they will not solicit you. So then you know an honourable girl with a degree and a job and a good family and no past boyfriends or baggage. And you know her friends and family too. And it all bears up against your scrutiny. In that case you find that not all the ladies are liars and thieves and there are sincere truthful honest people deserving of your respect and admiration. I’m very fortunate to have had this experience.

The quality of the fish depends upon where you are fishing.
Stay classy na
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

If you are the bread winner, then you are paying for any girlfriend.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

techietraveller84 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:51 pm If you are the bread winner, then you are paying for any girlfriend.
universal truth. Nothing drives a woman more crazy than a lazy idle man who does not provide. Well, unless she’s stupid - has no self worth - or simply can’t do better.
Stay classy na
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

David Gordon wrote:
techietraveller84 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:51 pm If you are the bread winner, then you are paying for any girlfriend.
universal truth. Nothing drives a woman more crazy than a lazy idle man who does not provide. Well, unless she’s stupid - has no self worth - or simply can’t do better.
Same can be said for the other half. Nothing drives a man more crazy than a lazy idle woman who does not provide. Even worse if she is providing for other men on the side.

Two halves make a complete whole.

My opinion, of course.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Or boyfriend. not all breadwinners are men ;)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

#notallmen
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic