Average amount guys are paying for a girlfriend?.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Average amount guys are paying for a girlfriend?.

Post by truffledog »

Well if you already forked out money for the sick buffalo you should reconsider your relationship.
work is for people who cant find truffles
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:39 pm Not Khmer girlfriends, but Khmer wives in the west get ‘allowances’ from their a Khmer husbands of 5-10K a month, so missus tells me. Otherwise, they get a job to make the 10K a month tor themselves on personal spending.
It's fantastic to hear how easy it is for people in the west to get $120,000 a year spending money. Sounds like paradise. :facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by The Goat »

Anybody else getting tired of these scum topics that are just meant to stir emotion and create conflict? This board has a ton of useful information besides this conjured nonsense. Who ever is responsible, stop 🛑 taking a shite here. That's why there is reddit and a host of other toilet stall walls for this.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Long time ago an wise old man said to me: Son, wife is the most expensive prostitute.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

David Gordon wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:23 pm I’ve never paid, but Ive surely spent enough. She’s never had an allowance from me, but of course she stays with me and travels with me and I pay for everything when that happens and her food choices are not cheap, but even if I give her some spending money when we’re on a trip she still brings things to the counter for me to pay for and keeps the money firmly in her pocket. I bought lands in her name ive bought vehicles she has extensive dental work, and some creature comforts, like appliances and air-conditioning. If that isn’t enough, the cost for me just to move my own frame, too and fro would put it over the top. In spite of all of that I think I’ve spent less on her than any other girlfriend I ever had in the west the balancing factor being the things we buy are a lot cheaper. And she give back so much that it’s worth it for me.

If you have to put your lady on some kind of allowance or payroll, she’s not a real girlfriend although every relationship is gonna cost you some thing no matter where it is no matter who it is everyone is there to get a benefit the world over.
You realize how ironic your statement is? " I never paid-- then proceeds to explain all the ways he has paid. Just messing w/ you but from your statement it's really about how we rationalize it
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:09 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:39 pm Not Khmer girlfriends, but Khmer wives in the west get ‘allowances’ from their a Khmer husbands of 5-10K a month, so missus tells me. Otherwise, they get a job to make the 10K a month tor themselves on personal spending.
It's fantastic to hear how easy it is for people in the west to get $120,000 a year spending money. Sounds like paradise. :facepalm:
She's got his [...Mod edit] well conditioned... :D
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The Goat wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 am Anybody else getting tired of these scum topics that are just meant to stir emotion and create conflict? This board has a ton of useful information besides this conjured nonsense. Who ever is responsible, stop 🛑 taking a shite here. That's why there is reddit and a host of other toilet stall walls for this.
Then post something and raise the game. I too see the topics and often sigh.

1 post a month is ade facto lurker. Be a regular contributor - we are sorely in need of some new rich seams of high grade posters. Your observation suggests you might be one.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The Goat wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 am Anybody else getting tired of these scum topics that are just meant to stir emotion and create conflict? This board has a ton of useful information besides this conjured nonsense. Who ever is responsible, stop 🛑 taking a shite here. That's why there is reddit and a host of other toilet stall walls for this.
Thank you for saying this! This topic and some others lately have just been bullshit.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

The whinge is never far from the minge.
Stay classy na
Plan B
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Plan B »

Even if you do pay a monthly allowance that's only the base payment. Get ready to pay for phones, Papa Sick etc. Then there is land etc.

The range is wide. $250- $1200 based on people I have spoken to. What was interesting was the guys paying under $500 all seemed to be in a happier relationship.

What ever you do don't ask the girl to nominate a figure!!!

At the end of the day the amount you decide on must be sustainable.

Learn to say 'NO'!!!!!

Then more likely than not her Khmer boyfriend will need your support for beer and gambling.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic