Copy of hard land title

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Copy of hard land title

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Hello all,

Wonder if anyone knows the process for this. A family member lost their hard title and needs to get a copy made. She went to the district land office and IIRC they told her that it's a long process where they have to post the request for duplicate title at the commune office to see if that land is the subject of any dispute. Sounded long and difficult. I can't remember the price they told her but she thought it would be expensive.

Does anyone know the process for getting this?

TIA!
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Copy of hard land title

Post by Darkcel »

Tell them to go back with $20 dollars
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Darkcel wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 am Tell them to go back with $20 dollars
Yes, that may help.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

It's more complicated than that.

Borrow money with land title as collateral.

Report land title lost.

Obtain a new one. Rinse & repeat.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

As in our case, they will not hand over a Hard Title until they see proof that the Land Tax has been paid first.

To pay the Land Tax, the Tax Department requires the Hard Title so they can register the property.

Which comes first, the chicken or the egg.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:00 pm
It's more complicated than that.

Borrow money with land title as collateral.

Report land title lost.

Obtain a new one. Rinse & repeat.

Right, good point, I forgot about that. They may need to make sure the banks or any other lenders don't claim to have the original title.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:21 pm As in our case, they will not hand over a Hard Title until they see proof that the Land Tax has been paid first.

To pay the Land Tax, the Tax Department requires the Hard Title so they can register the property.

Is this rural land or in the city? I've never heard of collecting tax in rural areas.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:24 pm
Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:21 pm As in our case, they will not hand over a Hard Title until they see proof that the Land Tax has been paid first.

Is this rural land or in the city? I've never heard of collecting tax in rural areas.

2. What property is taxed in Cambodia?
Property tax in Cambodia is officially known as the Tax on Immovable Properties (TOIP). Immovable properties include: land, houses, infrastructure, buildings, other construction, etc. TOIP imposes an annual tax rate of 0.1% on immovable properties that value over $25,000 (KHR 100 million).

Properties under this value, as well as state-owned lands, agricultural land and industrial land, are exempt from paying Cambodia’s property tax. The value of all property built on land is identified by its market price, which is evaluated and then established by the Prakas of the Minster of Economy and Finance.
3. When must property taxes be paid in Cambodia?
Property taxes must be paid annually, no later than the 30th of September.

9. What is the tax for unused land?
Unused land includes non-constructed land and vacant constructed land determined by the Unused Land Appraisal Committee (ULAC). The owner of the unused land is taxed at a 2% rate on the tax base, and is not categorised under the scope of Tax on Immovable Properties.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:01 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:24 pm

2. What property is taxed in Cambodia?
Property tax in Cambodia is officially known as the Tax on Immovable Properties (TOIP). Immovable properties include: land, houses, infrastructure, buildings, other construction, etc. TOIP imposes an annual tax rate of 0.1% on immovable properties that value over $25,000 (KHR 100 million).

Properties under this value, as well as state-owned lands, agricultural land and industrial land, are exempt from paying Cambodia’s property tax. The value of all property built on land is identified by its market price, which is evaluated and then established by the Prakas of the Minster of Economy and Finance.
3. When must property taxes be paid in Cambodia?
Property taxes must be paid annually, no later than the 30th of September.

9. What is the tax for unused land?
Unused land includes non-constructed land and vacant constructed land determined by the Unused Land Appraisal Committee (ULAC). The owner of the unused land is taxed at a 2% rate on the tax base, and is not categorised under the scope of Tax on Immovable Properties.

I have said '' Land Tax '' but what is meant is ''Property Tax ''
Phnom Krom
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Krom »

Nice topic.

Let's suppose some farmland was purchased 10 years ago for 25K Also assume it got hard titled 5 years ago. No 0.1% annual tax ever paid.

The tax man never comes nor sends an annual bill nor has assessed FMV.

How fxxked will I be when I try to sell...at a bigger amount than 25K? ie...What retro tax penalty could assessed for arrears on a 25K property never reassessed until I sell. How, pray tell will I be gouged?

What shpuld I do now to fix? Or, do notbing?

Thx so much for insights.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic