How many of Phnom Penh's bars are laundrettes?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Randolphgb
Expatriate
Great Britain

How many of Phnom Penh's bars are laundrettes?

Post by Randolphgb »

A bar opposite the hotel I use has been open since 2017 at least. But there is virtually never any customers. The girls say on most nights it's just one or two people.

I discovered the owner lives abroad and never visits. He doesn't pay attention to the numbers, but the ten staff are each paid a minimum salary or 180 USD a month plus drinks, tips etc etc. It has been said the bar's just used to wash money.

Roughly what percentage of the bars in Phnom Penh are used for this?

Many reports from the UN point to Cambodia as a transit route for drugs produced in Shan State into the wealthier parts of Asia. The dollar currency also makes Cambodia an attractive place for city money.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: How many of Phnom Penh's bars are laundrettes?

Post by Alex »

If I tell you, I'd have to keel you.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Randolphgb wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:21 pm Roughly what percentage of the bars in Phnom Penh are used for this?
17.8%
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

:-o
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:10 am
Randolphgb wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:21 pm Roughly what percentage of the bars in Phnom Penh are used for this?
17.8%
That’s the pre-covid figure. It’s now at 24.15%
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic