Pets

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Petsitter
Tourist
Australia

Pets

Post by Petsitter »

Just wondering how many folks have pets, and if you do, what do you do when you are absent? I'm considering Pet Sitting and Concierge Services for expats.
Curious to get opinions. Thanks
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Pets

Post by Bluenose »

Don't have them if you're not there to look after them, or raise them as free-range pets like most are here
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Its a few years ago now .. possibly 2016 but maybe 2015. Anyway, there was a boarding kennels we used when we went to Bangkok for a week. From what I recall it was a pretty nice setup and well socialized dogs were boarded together in a large enclosure. They were on the edge of the Mekong but for the life of me the exact location escapes me. I do recall that it took a fair old tuktuk ride to get there though.

Googling found them. Pet Resort Cambodia. On the north side of the Bassac River. Judging by the reviews they are still open.
Also it would seem that there are a number of boarding kennels now operating in Phnom Penh. It would be interesting to hear peoples thoughts and experiences with them.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I have 6 cats.
I don't often go away but if I do, I have someone who sleeps over and someone else who helps with feeding, if necessary.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Don’t forget the changing the litter. And the every other day vacuuming the cat hair. And the weekly bath.

I only have one, and it keeps missus’ plenty busy.

Times six, I can’t even imagine.

I send missis back to Cambodia as an emergency, tonight.

I’ve already promised that the cat will look like a dirty furball when she returns months later. She wants a video camera installed so she can check in on her ‘baby’.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

You do NOT need to bath a cat, it could be very damaging for their skin.
Cats are incredibly clean - please stop washing the cat!

I have three litter stations, each gets changed twice a day and other than keeping them fed and watered, there's not much more to do.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

ImageAll of my pets live in fish tanks ( except for th the rats 🐀 and cockroaches
Thsse 2 babies cost 200 bucks a pice , they have #’s and are microchip like a dog .
I had to get 2 because one jumped out , so the new one got screened in .
I got an other bigger one is huge now , he ( or she ) was one of 4 but it killed off its brothers / sisters
So now it lives alone with a big sucker ( also a fish , i hope I’m right and it’snot a reptile 🦎 or amphibian
( tho it did jump out once also and lived unti I found it laying on the floor the next day ..

It beats cleaning up stnky cat or dog shit all over the place

P.s. the one that jumped out is in the freezer now and don’t move no mo.

พิซออนเดอรูฟ

Cheees 😉
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:23 pm I have 6 cats.
I don't often go away but if I do, I have someone who sleeps over and someone else who helps with feeding, if necessary.
I wonder if Petsitter knows what they are letting themselves in for in PP?

newsworthy/juvenile-lion-ness-confiscat ... hilit=lion
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

I have 4 cats, just upped the number by one last week. I also have large plants on the balcony. I AM looking for someone who will take care of them for about a week when I return to the US for a short visit. Not going right away, probably in the next 6 months. I need someone to stay with them in my apartment. Nice apartment, Tonle Bassac. Sitter will also have to cook fish for them every day. My babies have me well-trained.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I misread the title as "Pests" and, seeing that it's mostly about cats, I wasn't far off the mark.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic