Pets

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Pets

Post by rgrowden »

I have 4 cats. They don't smell, and they don't stink up the apartment. They have their own bathroom with fan, huge cat litter tub that I change twice a day. Only feed them fresh fish, kibbles, and cat grass, plus they have a catnip cupboard to roll in and eat. Indoor cats spend most of their time sleeping and grooming. They're very clean.
Cats rule!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

rgrowden wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:57 am I have 4 cats. They don't smell, and they don't stink up the apartment. They have their own bathroom with fan, huge cat litter tub that I change twice a day. Only feed them fresh fish, kibbles, and cat grass, plus they have a catnip cupboard to roll in and eat. Indoor cats spend most of their time sleeping and grooming. They're very clean.
Cats rule!
YAY! They really do! The only cats that smell are ones with lazy humans. :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

Absolutely! Cats are perfect. And cute.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Alex wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:14 pm
violet wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:56 pm
schlarry wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 am
rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:19 am
Alex wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:44 am I misread the title as "Pests" and, seeing that it's mostly about cats, I wasn't far off the mark.
Cats eradicate all life. They certainly keep cat-haters away from me, which is the same thing really.
FTFY. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Insects, birds, geckos, mammals, basically anything that moves that they can take down.

I do like cats, but I wouldn't let them outside, they totally destroy things.
My cat chatters to the birds. She doesn’t chase or catch them.
What's wrong with her?
She’s a perverted voyeur. This is a photo of her under a low growing bush (you can’t see her). She’d just sit there watching the birds. She never would attempt to get them.

Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:07 am
rgrowden wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:57 am I have 4 cats. They don't smell, and they don't stink up the apartment. They have their own bathroom with fan, huge cat litter tub that I change twice a day. Only feed them fresh fish, kibbles, and cat grass, plus they have a catnip cupboard to roll in and eat. Indoor cats spend most of their time sleeping and grooming. They're very clean.
Cats rule!
YAY! They really do! The only cats that smell are ones with lazy humans. :)
The only cats that smell are ones with lazy staff. FTFY

Dogs have owners, upon whom the depend. Cats have staff whom they will leave if they aren't up to the job.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:12 am @petsitter there are heaps of expats in Cambodia offering pet sitting services, but I'm sure there's room for one more.
Actually, based on the amount of posts from different people in Facebook today offering petsitting/boarding services, there may not be room for one more....in the past 5 minutes of scrolling I came across 8 different people offering this service, and I've seen many more...seems the market may be oversaturated.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

One of the animal shelters in Phnom Penh was flooded recently and more than a hundred animals had to be relocated to the rooftop of Animal Mama.
I have started a Tik Tok channel about my latest foster kittens, and any donations or income will be supporting the two animal shelters.
The flooded one will be relocated very soon but in the meantime, Animal Mama have a HUGE situation to cope with.

Please like, follow and share my Tik Tok.

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Came across this Facebook group for all you crazy cat ladies 😉

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic