Pets

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pets

Post by schlarry »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:19 am
Alex wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:44 am I misread the title as "Pests" and, seeing that it's mostly about cats, I wasn't far off the mark.
Cats eradicate all life. They certainly keep cat-haters away from me, which is the same thing really.
FTFY. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Insects, birds, geckos, mammals, basically anything that moves that they can take down.

I do like cats, but I wouldn't let them outside, they totally destroy things.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

schlarry wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 am FTFY. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Insects, birds, geckos, mammals, basically anything that moves that they can take down.

Mine are all indoor cats, with access to an enclosed balcony :) Go preach somewhere else.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

i wont even try to imagine the smell , or how it must be for anyone nearby with any kind of aversion ( allergy ) to cats .
i love them too , but i like the expensive exotic kind , i had a tiger ( to play with near my house in japan ) once upon a time.
i wont get one now because of certain things i can not commit ( ( at this time )

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®

ฉิบหาย
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:41 am
schlarry wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 am FTFY. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Insects, birds, geckos, mammals, basically anything that moves that they can take down.

Mine are all indoor cats, with access to an enclosed balcony :) Go preach somewhere else.
I think you may mean Go and preach somewhere else.

1. There are other people on this forum apart from yourself. It's understood by most that what is posted is also for others' consumption.
2. Insects, lizards and geckos frequently come inside houses, so they will get killed there, too.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

schlarry wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 am
Alex wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:44 am I misread the title as "Pests" and, seeing that it's mostly about cats, I wasn't far off the mark.
Cats eradicate all life. They certainly keep cat-haters away from me, which is the same thing really.
FTFY. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. Insects, birds, geckos, mammals, basically anything that moves that they can take down.

My cat chatters to the birds. She doesn’t chase or catch them.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

violet wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:56 pm
schlarry wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 am

My cat chatters to the birds. She doesn’t chase or catch them.
What's wrong with her?
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Call me crazy, but I pet a mouse. Yes, one of those small, brown ones with the grayish belly, which are everywhere around here. I love mice and since I was a child I wanted to have one, but my parents were strict against it, worried that I would loose interest and they have to take care about it. Here it was quite simple: put up a life trap, put a piece of whatever eat able in it and wait for an hour. Actually, that got me a rat, but the second attempt was successful
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

schlarry wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:12 am
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:41 am

I think you may mean Go and preach somewhere else.

1. There are other people on this forum apart from yourself. It's understood by most that what is posted is also for others' consumption.
2. Insects, lizards and geckos frequently come inside houses, so they will get killed there, too.
You are wasting your time. Cats are one of the main vectors for the Toxoplasmosis parasite. In rats this causes a loss of fear of felines, generally leading to their death or consumption. In humans it has a similar effect, leading to a situation where elderly people lose their fear of felines and gradually allow them to take over their environment. Any local wildlife is of a much lesser concern than the Felis catus which becomes a dominant concern. 8-)

Silence, exile, and cunning.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:05 am i wont even try to imagine the smell , or how it must be for anyone nearby with any kind of aversion ( allergy ) to cats .
i love them too , but i like the expensive exotic kind , i had a tiger ( to play with near my house in japan ) once upon a time.
i wont get one now because of certain things i can not commit ( ( at this time )

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®

ฉิบหาย
My apartment doesn't smell, unless I've been out for hours and it's been closed up, then I may need to open windows and sliding door for a few minutes.
I have three litter trays - all enclosed so the smell doesn't escape.
I use very good quality litter and clean each tray at least twice a day.

If you feel cats shitty quality food, their toilet will smell very bad. However, I feed mine very good quality, grain free food and nothing is bad at all.
I can't STAND cat smell, so I'm the first one to smell it.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Alex wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:14 pm What's wrong with her?
Quite normal:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic