Mail in Cambodia -- Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mail in Cambodia -- Phnom Penh

Post by John Bingham »

I had a PO box for a few years but it wasn't much use. I'd get letters sent to other people and I'm sure others got ones for me. Make sure the address is very clearly written and your phone number is included. Then they can call you if a package arrives. They'll probably want a tip for that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

pissontheroof wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:59 am
DavidFieldman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:58 pm
mikeukt wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:07 pm OP's questions
Many thanks. Went to the post office today and rented a PO box for a year. U$20.
Is that really you in the picture ?
I’m guessing it is , if I ever go to the PigPenh ima going to the post office and look for you .
I want to find out if i’m any good at stalking .

Pisson is that really you in your avatar picture. I'm also good at stalking and I've seen you hangin around at Wat Phnom.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

What would be the best way to receive a Bank debit/credit card from the U.S. to Cambodia?

Sent from my SM-T570 using Tapatalk

Old8404
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Old8404 »

Credit card from USA: I use Fed Ex. Expensive but reliable. I live in distant province and have Fed Ex deliver to Khmer friend in Phnom Penh. Make very sure phone number is correct on Fed Ex Bill if lading.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Old8404 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:55 am Credit card from USA: I use Fed Ex. Expensive but reliable. I live in distant province and have Fed Ex deliver to Khmer friend in Phnom Penh. Make very sure phone number is correct on Fed Ex Bill if lading.
FedEx list debit/cash cards as a globally prohibited item
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

stevenjb wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:31 am What would be the best way to receive a Bank debit/credit card from the U.S. to Cambodia?

Sent from my SM-T570 using Tapatalk
I have my sister send priority mail international, Make sure ur local tel is listed on outside>

https://www.usps.com/international/prio ... tional.htm

I always avoid fed ex and dhl.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JReb »

My USA bank sent me a new bank card UPS...it went to PP..then was forwarded by a local delivery outfit here in SR...it was a pain..They needed a Number address...I have lived in 7 places in Cambodia and not one of my leases had an address with a number.
I found a bakery near my house with a number...my landlord had no idea..I found a faded stenciled # on the old gate wall behind a bush..I made a sign and put the number on my gate...I tried to tell my bank the # was not going to be used...Sure enough, the delivery driver called as he came up my road...he asked me if I was so and so...I said, Yes..he gave me my card..no ID needed...a real relief...but freaky.
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JReb »

My USA bank sent me a new bank card UPS...it went to PP..then was forwarded by a local delivery outfit here in SR...it was a pain..They needed a Number address...I have lived in 7 places in Cambodia and not one of my leases had an address with a number.
I found a bakery near my house with a number...my landlord had no idea..I found a faded stenciled # on the old gate wall behind a bush..I made a sign and put the number on my gate...I tried to tell my bank the # was not going to be used...Sure enough, the delivery driver called as he came up my road...he asked me if I was so and so...I said, Yes..he gave me my card..no ID needed...a real relief...but freaky.
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Post by DavidFieldman »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:46 pm Yes you can open a PO Box, reliable, enough. What tf is wrong with your country, surely they can do that shit some other way nowadays, online or something.
Certain documents must be done by mail since the tax bureau requires someone to verify, sign and stamp the form that certifies I am still alive in order for me to continue to receive my benefits.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic