School shooting in Australia

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

School shooting in Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Atlantis Beach Baptist College; yes it seems very American!
Thankfully all he could get his hands on was a 22.
His parents are in big trouble, they should of been in a locker :boring:
https://www.9news.com.au/national/perth ... 98ba45fcc1
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: School shooting in Australia

Post by JReb »

Why bring the US up in this tragic event..a .22 is a common weapon used by professionals. I have a .22 made in 1913..I can hit anything within 100 meters with ease...it is not the tool..it is the one using it.
Yes, go after the parents...wow..
I thought aussies gave up their guns?
Ammo must be hard to procure ..
I have a Dr. Blake episode where a character owns a gun shop...good ol days..
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

JReb wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:31 pm Why bring the US up in this tragic event..a .22 is a common weapon used by professionals. I have a .22 made in 1913..I can hit anything within 100 meters with ease...it is not the tool..it is the one using it.
He had a .22 rifle(doesn't give the exact type, could be LR) and also a .243 rifle. Australians can get guns under certain restrictions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_of_Australia
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

John Bingham wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:52 pm
JReb wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:31 pm Why bring the US up in this tragic event..a .22 is a common weapon used by professionals. I have a .22 made in 1913..I can hit anything within 100 meters with ease...it is not the tool..it is the one using it.
He had a .22 rifle(doesn't give the exact type, could be LR) and also a .243 rifle. Australians can get guns under certain restrictions.

From the article quoted by the OP: "The guns were a .234 rifle and a .22 rifle, licensed to the house the teenager lives in."

As an aside:
It would be interesting to know the nationality (other than Australian) of the shooter and his family. Nowadays the news I see on Youtube from Australia is full of stabbings and shootings involving people whose family names suggest they are mainly migrants.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I am American and can unfortunately get it. Don't be so naive. You see what happens in the U.S. quite often w/ Mass shootings
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

JReb wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:31 pm Why bring the US up in this tragic event.
Yeah, why bring up guns and licence issues? And why mention it was at a school? :roll: :roll: :roll:

The US has earned the reputation as king of mass shooting, particularly at schools.

Perfect example of denial.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Username Taken wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:53 am

From the article quoted by the OP: "The guns were a .234 rifle and a .22 rifle, licensed to the house the teenager lives in."

As an aside:
It would be interesting to know the nationality (other than Australian) of the shooter and his family. Nowadays the news I see on Youtube from Australia is full of stabbings and shootings involving people whose family names suggest they are mainly migrants.
Hmm, pretty much all Australians are migrants.....
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

hanno wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:36 am

As an aside:
Just to be clear, I was referring to the recent migration of Africans, Pacific Islanders, and Middle Easterners.
I have a friend who is a prison guard who told me the prisons are full of the above persons these days.
Also, to be clear, stabbings and shootings were virtually unheard of in Australia a couple of decades ago. And, as mentioned above, pretty well all (if not all) of the stabbing and shooting crimes involve the abovementioned migrants.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Username Taken wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:02 am

As an aside:
Just to be clear, I was referring to the recent migration of Africans, Pacific Islanders, and Middle Easterners.
I have a friend who is a prison guard who told me the prisons are full of the above persons these days.
Also, to be clear, stabbings and shootings were virtually unheard of in Australia a couple of decades ago. And, as mentioned above, pretty well all (if not all) of the stabbing and shooting crimes involve the abovementioned migrants.
That area of Perth - more likely from English or South African background........
There are very few of the other African, Pacific Island or Middle Eastern backgrounds who reside there
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Username Taken wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:02 am

As an aside:
Certainly the case outside of QLD. In QLD it’s more First Nations and some kind of white
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic