covid surges in Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: covid surges in Thailand

Post by David Gordon »

John Bingham wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:13 am It's amazing how many people are still getting excited about this.
it’s amazing how unaware or - worse - unconcerned some people are about how deeply affected some of us were about this.
Stay classy na
NitNoi
Expatriate
Philippines

Post by NitNoi »

The improvement in public health and the increase in life expectancy over the last 150 years have been SPECTACULAR.

We can argue about the COVID restrictions we have all lived through but there has been a significant hit to life expectancy over the last three years (for a good graphic see page 72 of February's Scientific American)

I am sure that most anti-vaxers are sincere but there are bad actors fanning the flames of division on social media. I don't support censorship so the best I can do is shout "YOUR HYSTERICAL CLAIMS OF A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY ARE BULLSHIT". Take a cold shower and pipe down.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

NitNoi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:21 am We can argue about the COVID restrictions we have all lived through but there has been a significant hit to life expectancy over the last three years
You say that as if that's a bad thing on an overpopulated planet. What's the real benefit of a few extra years in a retirement home anyway? I never got the obsession with prolonging a human life even more and at any cost.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:02 pm
NitNoi wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:21 am We can argue about the COVID restrictions we have all lived through but there has been a significant hit to life expectancy over the last three years
You say that as if that's a bad thing on an overpopulated planet. What's the real benefit of a few extra years in a retirement home anyway? I never got the obsession with prolonging a human life even more and at any cost.
and a reason why the earth is doomed>
the planet can not take care of the humans on its surface now<
What will happen in 50 + years?

Anyone over 70 is living on borrowed time

One positive thing i have found is I can watch the same movie or read the same book after 2 months,
an its all new
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I agree with you, but I also think that with lower life expectancy statistics, you'll see a corresponding number of miserable, debilitating conditions that probably won't kill you but will make your life awful.

Dying of covid or something related to it is one thing - a few terrifying days choking on your own fluids then at least your problems are over. Getting some form of long covid where you can't work and are basically an invalid for months/years/the rest of your life would be much worse IMO. And that's what a LOT of people are going through now.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Deny all you want but in Thailand they are past denying things

stats can be manipulated but these numbers are worrying

The Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun Hospital in Bangkok announced on its Facebook page yesterday (Friday) that all its hospital beds in its intensive care unit (ICU) and in-patient department (IPD) are fully occupied by COVID-19 patients.
The hospital also said that there are still several COVID-19 patients in its emergency ward, who are waiting to be transferred to other hospitals, as it apologised to the public for the inconvenience.
The hospital’s announcement coincides with a warning yesterday from Dr. Nitipat Jiarakul, chief of the Division of the Respiratory Diseases and Tuberculosis at the Faculty of Medicine at Siriraj Hospital, that COVID-19 is staging a comeback, with as many as 20,000-40,000 people being infected each day, about 20 times more than the rate of infection in April.

According to Dr. Nitipat, admissions to hospitals have increased to about 400 a day, from about 20 in April and, of these, 5% are suffering lung infections and half of them have died.

The death toll also surged 20 fold, to about 66 a week now instead of just 4 in April.

Half of those deaths were directly linked to a COVID-19 infection and the other half to a resurgence of comorbidities, such as kidney disease, emphysema and heart diseases.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/siriraj-ho ... -patients/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:44 pm Deny all you want but in Thailand they are past denying things

stats can be manipulated but these numbers are worrying
Alright, worried noodle, I'll bite. What are you going to do about it? Get another booster? Lock yourself in? Anything?
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

John Bingham wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:13 am It's amazing how many people are still getting excited about this.
What I find amazing is , that so many parents played Russian roulette with their kids' life getting them vaccinated when there was no need to do so. Blindly following what was obviously poor medical advice, following the science.
Anybody with a B.Sc knew they were being served a lot of bollocks.
I'm guessing the people who don't care about this now are the ones who acted like sheep and took their medicine. I'm guessing they feel stupid for being so gullible and easily led.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:14 pm
and a reason why the earth is doomed>
the planet can not take care of the humans on its surface now<
What will happen in 50 + years?

Anyone over 70 is living on borrowed time

One positive thing i have found is I can watch the same movie or read the same book after 2 months,
an its all new
if after 2months it sounds all new, thats how Alzheimer starts, isnt it ??

I have 4 jabs and if they want to give me every 6 months an other-one,
i dont care at all . . .

ANd those how buy fake vax-cards in PP should be dying next week i hope !!

cheers . . .
Drizzle
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Drizzle »

Gary Small wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:38 pm
What I find amazing is , that so many parents played Russian roulette with their kids' life getting them vaccinated when there was no need to do so. Blindly following what was obviously poor medical advice, following the science.
Anybody with a B.Sc knew they were being served a lot of bollocks.
I'm guessing the people who don't care about this now are the ones who acted like sheep and took their medicine. I'm guessing they feel stupid for being so gullible and easily led.
Spot on comment.

It's a nice feeling not having some unknown chemicals floating around in my body, while excess deaths are soaring around the world.
I thought lots of people died from covid, so why ar evn more dying now?

This also goes way beyond the whole covid scam.

The WHO are trying to globalise helathcare and pass bills that allow them to decide when to lock us down again.

There are some ignorance in this forum.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic