Bank Security Guard Dies Sleeping in Hammock

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bank Security Guard Dies Sleeping in Hammock

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Ratanakkiri Province): A morning surprise in Banlung City occurred after an ABA Bank night security guard went to sleep and died in a hammock in front of the bank. He was discovered at 7 am on May 21, 2023 in front of ABA Bank in O Kanseng village, Boeung Kanseng commune, Banlung city, Ratanakkiri province.

The victim was named Kal Savin, 33 years old, an indigenous Tampuan person and residing in Lapo village, Yak Loam commune, Banlung city, Ratanakkiri province.

According to the same security firm, on the morning shift, the guards saw the victim was sleeping in a hammock and did not wake up. It was confirmed that the man died overnight, because the body was already stiff, but they do not know exactly when he died. According to the technical and scientific authority of the Ratanakkiri Provincial Police, the victim died of natural causes (stopped breathing), and was not a homicide.

After the competent forces inspected and autopsied the body, it was handed over to the family for the traditional funeral ceremony.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Bank Security Guard Dies Sleeping in Hammock

Post by Freightdog »

9hrs from discovery, to handing over the deceased. Autopsy completed. Are they trying for any records? Given that it generally takes a day to a week for most basic paperwork to be completed, here, I’d suspect a box ticking exercise rather than attention to detail.
Or do things move more quickly for the indigenous folks?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Now that ABA Bank branch will be guarded for an eternity. Not sure if a sleeping ghosts will catch thieves, however.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Deja vu. , I’m sure i saw a similar story as this here before ,

I won’t bother saying rest in piece because I know prayers don’t work
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

That must have been the most peaceful death ever on duty, in the profession ^^
I'd say the golden hammock award goes to him, straightaway.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:05 pm Now that ABA Bank branch will be guarded for an eternity. Not sure if a sleeping ghosts will catch thieves, however.
Not sure that a sleeping guard is of much use to the bank, whether dead or alive. O:-)
Anyway, RIP, a nice way to go.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic