Watching Town hall with Ex Pres Trump

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Watching Town hall with Ex Pres Trump

Post by John Bingham »

I have my doubts about the rape case, not because I don't think he was capable but more because of a lack of proof. However....

General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:43 pm

I know it goes against your beliefs of Orange Man Bad, but he's the only US president that hasn't gotten us into a new war since Nixon.
If we consider the Koran War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf War, the war in Afghanistan and the Iraq War, Trump joins Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Richard Nixon, John F. Kennedy and Dwight D. Eisenhower in not having officially brought the United States into a new war since 1945.
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2A22SN
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

ItWasntMe wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:57 pm
Little_Vicious wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:30 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:59 pm
Little_Vicious wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:19 am The fact that he's putting on this ridiculous performance after just being found liable in a sexual abuse case, while still under criminal investigation in at least three other cases, marks (yet another) low in American politics.
LoL, I guess you're a big fan of political prosecution. Don't you find it a tad bit odd that the lady can't even say the year, season it happened? Is there ANYTHING
to suggest that she's not just lying about it?
What suggests that she isn’t lying about it is the other 26 women who have very similar stories; those stories also happen to be consistent with Trump’s descriptions of his own behavior.

To answer your other question, no, I’m not a fan of political prosecution, political persecution, or political correctness. The low point is that there’s a man who held the highest office in the country who is CONSTANTLY involved in scandals. Can we not find a leader a little less likely to have probable cause for criminal investigation?

I’m not a fan of the man, but this is more of a commentary on the sordid state of American politics and how we can’t help electing train wrecks.
So any woman can come and collect their 5 million basically if that's the evidence needed.

I understand the feeling but its not enough evidence.
I didn’t even say if I thought he is guilty/liable. The question was “is there anything that suggests…?” The corroborating stories may not be enough evidence, but surely those stories are enough to suggest something.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:30 pm I have my doubts about the rape case, not because I don't think he was capable but more because of a lack of proof.
He was not convicted for rape, so the jury shares your doubts.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Never underestimate the silent majority - most lefties are not worth the energy to argue with and don’t dignify a response.
Stay classy na
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

I liked it. The visceral hatred of Trump is such a fascinating phenomenon to observe.
Stay classy na
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Not a Trump fan in any way, shape, or form. I recognise that - bizarrely - he has a very loyal fan base in the US, something I find utterly incomprehensible. You've got the likes of Elon Musk who has his own rocket company and is actively trying to establish a colony on Mars. The likes of Einstein that has given us insights into space and time that were previously unimaginable, and the likes of Darwin that has unlocked the secrets of how life on earth is as diverse as it is, without 'God doing it'.

Then you've got Trump, the once leader of the free world, boasting in a TV interview that one of his greatest achievements was being able to remember five word - person, man, woman, Camera, TV.

However, he did actually say one thing in that recent CNN interview that I couldn't help give him some credit for - We shouldn't be thinking of the Russia-Ukraine war in terms of winners and losers. It is a very, very dangerous notion to think that one side can emerge victorious and the other the defeated. This war cannot be solved in that way. It can only be resolved through some kind of settlement. How that settlement is agreed is still up in the air, but a settlement is the only solution.

Very few leaders have spoken openly in this way about the war, and I do fully agree with him. If Ukraine 'wins' this war, Russia won't be the only losers. There's a high chance we will all lose.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

xandreu wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:22 pm However, he did actually say one thing in that recent CNN interview that I couldn't help give him some credit for - We shouldn't be thinking of the Russia-Ukraine war in terms of winners and losers. It is a very, very dangerous notion to think that one side can emerge victorious and the other the defeated. This war cannot be solved in that way. It can only be resolved through some kind of settlement. How that settlement is agreed is still up in the air, but a settlement is the only solution.
He has consistently refused to criticize Russia in any way. He has regularly praised Putin. Why could that be?

Silence, exile, and cunning.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:48 pm
xandreu wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:22 pm However, he did actually say one thing in that recent CNN interview that I couldn't help give him some credit for - We shouldn't be thinking of the Russia-Ukraine war in terms of winners and losers. It is a very, very dangerous notion to think that one side can emerge victorious and the other the defeated. This war cannot be solved in that way. It can only be resolved through some kind of settlement. How that settlement is agreed is still up in the air, but a settlement is the only solution.
He has consistently refused to criticize Russia in any way. He has regularly praised Putin. Why could that be?

I don't know, I could just be dumb, naive, whatever, but seriously, perhaps he see's it that the world would be a much better place if we all tried to get along. Crazy, I know.....
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:48 pm

Maybe because he’s not a globalist or a fan of NATO and believes that Putin may have a point? The west knew there was a line and they crossed it because they wanted this.
Stay classy na
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic