Open account at Prasac or LOLC

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Open account at Prasac or LOLC

Post by cautious colin »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:59 am
cautious colin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:10 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 pm I can't see you getting a resident status with a tourist visa.
Yeah, no chance on a tourist visa.

Just leave the country and get transferred to an E, then get the EB extension, and after that should be straightforward,
I don’t have a tourist visa, but I couldn’t extend mine since I have to leave the country before it could be extended. That was in the original post.

The extension process is fairly long and since there are many holidays this month it takes even close to three weeks.
What visa do you have then?
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

cautious colin wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:30 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:59 am
cautious colin wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:10 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:15 pm I can't see you getting a resident status with a tourist visa.
Yeah, no chance on a tourist visa.

Just leave the country and get transferred to an E, then get the EB extension, and after that should be straightforward,
I don’t have a tourist visa, but I couldn’t extend mine since I have to leave the country before it could be extended. That was in the original post.

The extension process is fairly long and since there are many holidays this month it takes even close to three weeks.
What visa do you have then?
An E visa, Also called ordinary visa.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

To be considered resident for tax purposes, you are required to have a 6 or 12 month Visa Extension of Stay in your passport, in fact, this is one of the minimum requirements to open a bank account as a foreigner in Cambodia, however, regardless of the official requirements experiences will differ depending on the teller opening your account for you.

@daeum_tnaot, for future reference, most agents can facilitate next day Visa EOS processing for an additional $70 - 100.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic