Whats the dining like in ur neighborhood?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Whats the dining like in ur neighborhood?

Post by phuketrichard »

relating to the 15 minute city
within a 5 minute motorcycle ride

Thai, French, German, Swedish, Greek, Lebanese, Italian, Indian, hot pot, Japanese, Turkish, British, Thai, Dim Sum, 7/11's, 3 Bakeries, Bar food, Nightmarket 4 nights/week & Street food

prices range from 25 baht to a single serving in a plastic bag thai food to 800 baht for imported steaks or 1,000++ for lobster>
Can truthfully say, never run out of places to eat or choices :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Whats the dining like in ur neighborhood?

Post by Spigzy »

1. 15 minute cities can do one.
2. My wife lives in the same house, dining is superb!

But on topic I think I've got access to just about everything just in Toul Kork, PP where I live. Perhaps missing Middle Eastern, but I'm not a massive fan of hummus & falafel anyway.

Even then on a motorbike I'm in BKK1/Riverside in 15 minutes anyway, or Aeon2 in Sen Sok the other way in the same time. Toul Tompoung is perhaps the only area with restaurants that might take 20 mins, but that's just because of the French rioters around the market holding me up!

There is only one thing missing in this town I'd ride more than 15 mins for ... draught Guinness. :(
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Spigzy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:26 am There is only one thing missing in this town I'd ride more than 15 mins for ... draught Guinness. :(
Yep. I still don’t get it…
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

We currently live in the boonies so it's just Khmer food and the occasional Pho if we make the 20 minute drive.

Wife's parents house is 5 minute walk from bkk market so I have that going for me when we make the visit. This post really made me want a burger from The Vine right about now...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

when i lived in Kep i had Italian and lousy Khmer food only>
Plus those amazing Cambodian pancakes :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

My useal week-planning is like this:

DAY NAME STREET MIN.WALKING
Monday home 144 0
tuesday home 144 0
wednesday noodle house 130 6
thursday davids 19 7
friday harry s 1 6
saturday la ferme 178 9
sunday larry s 110 8

i checked the walking-distance and it is well within the 15 minute limite, probably i have to enlarge my horizons in phnom penh.
sometimes i go to Happy Family over the bridge, its 52 minutes walking, what i never did, and specially if coming back from a buffet like that i could die from walking 52 minutes i think. But its a 15 minute tuktuk-drive, about 9000 riel . . .
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:05 pm when i lived in Kep i had Italian and lousy Khmer food only>
Plus those amazing Cambodian pancakes :-)
Maybe by choice

As there's many options all around Kep for international foods, no reason to pigeonhole oneself

And Kampot is 15 minutes or less away
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

I have everything, literally, at my front door, and I can choose from Panda, Wing, Grab and some company starting with 'N', to deliver.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:11 pm I have everything, literally, at my front door, and I can choose from Panda, Wing, Grab and some company starting with 'N', to deliver.
Yes, nothing beats eating lukewarm food out of a styrofoam box with a tiny plastic fork :stir:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

hanno wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:44 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:11 pm I have everything, literally, at my front door, and I can choose from Panda, Wing, Grab and some company starting with 'N', to deliver.
Yes, nothing beats eating lukewarm food out of a styrofoam box with a tiny plastic fork :stir:
Nham average 4 minutes to my door from pickup time most everywhere I order from,takes all of a second to throw it on a plate
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic