Whats the dining like in ur neighborhood?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Whats the dining like in ur neighborhood?

Post by phuketrichard »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:56 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:05 pm when i lived in Kep i had Italian and lousy Khmer food only>
Plus those amazing Cambodian pancakes :-)
Maybe by choice

As there's many options all around Kep for international foods, no reason to pigeonhole oneself

And Kampot is 15 minutes or less away
Kep
my options within 5 min motorcycle from our house ( near Martini's)
eating at home was a much better deal
Kampot Old market 30 minutes
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

hanno wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:44 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:11 pm I have everything, literally, at my front door, and I can choose from Panda, Wing, Grab and some company starting with 'N', to deliver.
Yes, nothing beats eating lukewarm food out of a styrofoam box with a tiny plastic fork :stir:
Met a guy, who is obviously a genius, and he said if you are technically savvy, you can actually take the food out of the containers, and put it on a plate. Then he said something about facilitating the ingestion with your own cutlery, but by this stage he had lost me.

But I agree, lukewarm may not be ideal - albeit easier to scoff the lot faster - styrofoam would suck, so it's fortunate mine are always plastic, and yeah, tiny plastic forks are useless, especially with soup.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JReb »

I walk into my kitchen and cook anything I want from any country ..SR has all the supplies needed by my place...one reason I have stayed there over 4 years..I am on Koh Rong for a week break from doing dishes...🙏♥️
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:05 pm when i lived in Kep i had Italian and lousy Khmer food only>
Plus those amazing Cambodian pancakes :-)
My options within 5 min motorcycle ride from my Kep's place are khmer, french, italian, western, bakery, cafes, mart, local market and in few months 7-11. So it ain't that bad in Kep necesserily either. And my place is not on the beach area either.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I have:
Lonestar - Ferme du Bassac - Buchon - La Deli Bistro - La Pepe Bistro- Indian - Ethiopian - Italian (Romanos!) - Lebanese - and David's Noodle place. From $5 to $15. All within 5 mins WALK. No bike required.

If I want to get a taxi for 5mins, I can eat better than anywhere in the world for the price, convenience and choice.

Even better than Thailand...
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:21 am
If I want to get a taxi for 5mins, I can eat better than anywhere in the world for the price, convenience and choice.
Clue as to where ?

Last night I had jarret de porc with pommes sautees, 25cl house red and 1 glass Bdx, Munster, mousse au chocolat (vg) $28 at Le Jardin

Prices are up as they are everywhere, but just being able to get a piece of cheese for $4 in a resto is a breath of fresh air

Still plenty of local options under $3

And they now have 7-elevens, so something for everyone.
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Post by DavidFieldman »

Darkcel wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:45 pm We currently live in the boonies so it's just Khmer food and the occasional Pho if we make the 20 minute drive.

Wife's parents house is 5 minute walk from bkk market so I have that going for me when we make the visit. This post really made me want a burger from The Vine right about now...
A burger from the Vine sounds great. I ate there regularly when I arrived in PP and stayed at Villa Grange.
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:21 amIf I want to get a taxi for 5mins, I can eat better than anywhere in the world for the price, convenience and choice.

Even better than Thailand...
Thus began the Doc67 trial for blasphemy, after he was reported to the Publicity Taliban by phuketrichard
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

hanno wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:44 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:11 pm I have everything, literally, at my front door, and I can choose from Panda, Wing, Grab and some company starting with 'N', to deliver.
Yes, nothing beats eating lukewarm food out of a styrofoam box with a tiny plastic fork :stir:
Yes, there is so many food Connoisseur on this site.
Boredom is like a shroud
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Food conosseurs here ??
Ofcours, the US and UK are very known for there excellent "cuisine" !!

Strange Doc, all the places you mention, i go also, but i never saw you.
Useally i see you drinking the same as i do . . .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic