Cat Food

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Cat Food

Post by DavidFieldman »

Arriving in Phnom Penh on May 5 with my cat. Does anyone know if Sheba wet food and Canin dry food are available? If so, could they recommend the shop and address? Many thanks.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Cat Food

Post by Username Taken »

DavidFieldman wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:13 pm Arriving in Phnom Penh on May 5 with my cat. Does anyone know if Sheba wet food and Canin dry food are available? If so, could they recommend the shop and address? Many thanks.
I can't personally vouch for this place. It seems to be an online shop, but says that it delivers in Phnom Penh.

https://www.petzo.net/shop/sheba-pouch- ... us-flavor/
https://www.petzo.net/shop/royal-canin- ... -food-2kg/
https://www.petzo.net/shop/royal-canin- ... -food-85g/
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I have 6 cats!
Which area will you be in, I know several cat supply places.
There is far healthier food than Royal Canin, I don't like grain based dry foods for mine, they prefer a grain free dry food and seem to eat a lot less wet food. Even though the dry food is more expensive, it works out a lot cheaper long term.
Animal Mama have a huge range of gran free food, as well as another shop I use near Street 172.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Just be careful in your neighbourhood, sometimes there can be pet cats that like "cat" food.

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:00 pm I have 6 cats!
of course you do
Stay classy na
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

David Gordon wrote:
of course you do
Is it 6 already? Last time it was 3.

Watch out you might turn into the crazy cat lady?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:43 am
David Gordon wrote:
of course you do

Too late I think - my Khmer friends call me Mama Cat.
I had my original three - Oprah Winfurry, Dolly Purrton and Kenny Roargers.
Then during Covid I adopted Loopy (not named by me lol) - she was rescued by someone who had to leave the country so I took her.
Poppet adopted me about 6 months later. I was walking along the street and she ran up to me from a restaurant. I knelt down and she jumped onto my shoulder and snuggled into me, purring away. I visit her a couple of times after that until the owners told me to take her.

And then just last week I got Sassy, who someone rescued from their roof. I am only fostering her, we will try to find her a home in a few weeks.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

I feel deprived - only have three furballs. I feed mine kibbles, and every day I cook them fresh fish. Also always have grass growing in a container for them. Nothing is too good for my sweeties!
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Cambodians make their own catfood. Its called Prahok! 😎
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:09 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:43 am
David Gordon wrote:
of course you do

Too late I think - my Khmer friends call me Mama Cat.
I had my original three - Oprah Winfurry, Dolly Purrton and Kenny Roargers.
Then during Covid I adopted Loopy (not named by me lol) - she was rescued by someone who had to leave the country so I took her.
Poppet adopted me about 6 months later. I was walking along the street and she ran up to me from a restaurant. I knelt down and she jumped onto my shoulder and snuggled into me, purring away. I visit her a couple of times after that until the owners told me to take her.

And then just last week I got Sassy, who someone rescued from their roof. I am only fostering her, we will try to find her a home in a few weeks.
If i was rescued from some roof, would you rescue me also ?? And giving me some "wet diet" ???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic