Cat Food

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Cat Food

Post by Bongmab69 »

I remeber Pancheaus, the suisse guy who had cobra-bar on 51-street, and he had always some cats around, he bought them a bag of boiled-rice, very cheap and full of nutrition, he said. Pancheau, RIP !!
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:46 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:09 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:43 am
David Gordon wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:00 pm I have 6 cats!
of course you do
Is it 6 already? Last time it was 3.

Watch out you might turn into the crazy cat lady?
Too late I think - my Khmer friends call me Mama Cat.
I had my original three - Oprah Winfurry, Dolly Purrton and Kenny Roargers.
Then during Covid I adopted Loopy (not named by me lol) - she was rescued by someone who had to leave the country so I took her.
Poppet adopted me about 6 months later. I was walking along the street and she ran up to me from a restaurant. I knelt down and she jumped onto my shoulder and snuggled into me, purring away. I visit her a couple of times after that until the owners told me to take her.

And then just last week I got Sassy, who someone rescued from their roof. I am only fostering her, we will try to find her a home in a few weeks.
If i was rescued from some roof, would you rescue me also ?? And giving me some "wet diet" ???
"vegan" only..no sausage
work is for people who cant find truffles
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:00 pm
... they prefer a grain free dry food and seem to eat a lot less wet food. Even though the dry food is more expensive, it works out a lot cheaper long term.
It's obvious they would eat less dry food than wet food. It's concentrated. Whatever dry food they're given they will eat less of it.
rgrowden
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by rgrowden »

As long as we're here, does anyone know if Temptations are sold anywhere in PP? I have them sent from the US 4 times a year, but the shipping is horrendous. Mine go bonkers over the stuff, though, so I pay up, then live on beans for the next month.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Gary Small wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:16 pm It's obvious they would eat less dry food than wet food. It's concentrated. Whatever dry food they're given they will eat less of it.
Huh?
What I meant was, since changing over to the better quality dry food, they are eating less wet food (as in fewer cans) than they used to. I've always given them wet and dry food, and noticed they don't eat nearly as many cans each month now.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Last cat I had was fed on dry food only on the advice of a cat breeder friend. No problems that I remember with that. Before that, I used to cook up a varied diet with fish-heads and liver etc, but my friend told me that the cat didn't give a shit about flavour, and that good quality dried cat food has all the nutrients they need and was better for the cat. But don't forget the dish of water.

:o :-o But I still used to buy bags of different flavours of dried food to alternate them (fish, chicken or pork), because I just couldn't believe that a cat likes to eat exactly the same food all the time. But, really IME, when you find out what's your cat's favourite food, you can give it to him/her/them for the rest of their life and they will love you for it.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Best cat food is mice and they breed readily.
Stay classy na
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cat food is so disgusting. How do you not puke after opening a can of that? Luckily with modern technology you can pretty much battery farm cats.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:06 am Cat food is so disgusting. How do you not puke after opening a can of that?
You get used to the smell..like to your own ugly farts or the breath of death early mornings.
work is for people who cant find truffles
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Do cats have a soul like humans? Do they go to heaven? If so what about cows? Them too?

The reason so many cats need rescue is because there’s too many. The sane and humane thing to do is euthanize them.
Stay classy na
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic