Sad news as FOX News Media, Tucker Carlson part ways

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Sad news as FOX News Media, Tucker Carlson part ways

Post by Kenr »

The bigger issue is what platform is willing to take on the liability of other possible lawsuits brought on by Carlson’s behavior? Whether it be for discrimination, misogynistic comments, or lawsuits similar to the one brought on by the likes of Dominion.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Kenr wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:33 pm The bigger issue is what platform is willing to take on the liability of other possible lawsuits brought on by Carlson’s behavior? Whether it be for discrimination, misogynistic comments, or lawsuits similar to the one brought on by the likes of Dominion.
Twitter does not censor and says that the laws already cover what’s not allowed to be said i.e. Hate Speech. Tucker is not as smart as you but he’s also not dumb. Part of his team is legal advisors. Any lawsuits will not be brought against Twitter but against Carlson himself. Most of those are nuisance suits.
Stay classy na
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

David Gordon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:43 pm
Kenr wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:33 pm The bigger issue is what platform is willing to take on the liability of other possible lawsuits brought on by Carlson’s behavior? Whether it be for discrimination, misogynistic comments, or lawsuits similar to the one brought on by the likes of Dominion.
Twitter does not censor and says that the laws already cover what’s not allowed to be said i.e. Hate Speech. Tucker is not as smart as you but he’s also not dumb. Part of his team is legal advisors. Any lawsuits will not be brought against Twitter but against Carlson himself. Most of those are nuisance suits.
Good to know that you are in the loop with everything involved with Carlson and Twitter. Without you sharing this valuable information I would still be lost.

And since when did hate speech become illegal in the United States?

You are incorrect when you claim Twitter doesn’t censor.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Kenr wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:01 pm
David Gordon wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:43 pm
Good to know that you are in the loop with everything involved with Carlson and Twitter. Without you sharing this valuable information I would still be lost.

And since when did hate speech become illegal in the United States?

You are incorrect when you claim Twitter doesn’t censor.
Can you please cite some examples of what Twitter is censoring? I may have missed that.
Stay classy na
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Musk has banned people, more specifically the gentleman who was tracking his private jet, even though that information is public information. He banned Ye. And there are many others. He does it at his discretion.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

IraHayes wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:40 am
one day and 18.5 million views later.
Stay classy na
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Novelty value. I even watched it earlier yet there is fuck all chance I'll ever even be using Twitter, let alone paying for it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Stay classy na
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

As predicted, the mainstream media is melting down after Tucker crushed it on his Twitter broadcsat. 90 million views
A win for free speach. The attacks are going to be vicious.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

canucklhead wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:30 am As predicted, the mainstream media is melting down after Tucker crushed it on his Twitter broadcsat.
I haven't noticed it on any news feed. Can you post some links?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic