America, (still) The Land of the Free?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

America, (still) The Land of the Free?

Post by Chuck Borris »

Tennessee Passed the Nation’s First Law Limiting Drag Shows.

https://time.com/6260421/tennessee-limi ... bills-u-s/
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: America, (still) The Land of the Free?

Post by Random Dude »

Land of the free?
Whoever told you that is your enemy...

Rage Against The Machine (1992).
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I believe the aim is to keep sexualized performances away from children. I agree with the courts decision that the bill was too broad in its language and they'll have to wind it down a bit but it will keep them out of the schools.
Of course, some people may think the performance below is acceptable and appropriate for children

Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

IraHayes wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:41 pm I believe the aim is to keep sexualized performances away from children. I agree with the courts decision that the bill was too broad in its language and they'll have to wind it down a bit but it will keep them out of the schools.
Of course, some people may think the performance below is acceptable and appropriate for children

Agree. But than religion should be also kept out of the school.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

When you have political representatives stating that the church should direct the government, you know you’re screwed.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

This short clip from The Problem with John Stewart puts things into perspective a little.

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Chuck Borris wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:02 pm Tennessee Passed the Nation’s First Law Limiting Drag Shows.

https://time.com/6260421/tennessee-limi ... bills-u-s/
For a second I thought this was about an event with cars...
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Chuck Borris wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:33 pm
IraHayes wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:41 pm I believe the aim is to keep sexualized performances away from children. I agree with the courts decision that the bill was too broad in its language and they'll have to wind it down a bit but it will keep them out of the schools.

Agree. But than religion should be also kept out of the school.
In the United States, public schools are required to be secular and cannot promote or endorse any particular religion. However, students are allowed to express their religious beliefs and engage in religious activities as long as they do not disrupt the educational process or infringe on the rights of others.

Some common aspects of religion that may be present in daily school life in America include:

Moment of silence: Some schools may begin the day with a moment of silence, during which students can pray or reflect.

Religious clubs: Students are allowed to form religious clubs on campus, which can meet before or after school hours.

Religious holidays: Schools may recognize and allow students to observe religious holidays, such as Christmas, Hanukkah, or Eid al-Fitr.

Religious attire: Students are allowed to wear religious attire, such as hijabs or yarmulkes, as long as it does not pose a safety risk or disrupt the educational process.

The extent to which religion is present in daily school life can vary depending on the school district and state laws.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

WTF? Literally, WTF?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:05 pm .

This short clip from The Problem with John Stewart puts things into perspective a little.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Republicans want NO ONE allowed to have an abortion, but after the child is born, their on their own

things are real screwy in america
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic