AI and machine learning - in any form

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
violet
Expatriate

Re: AI and machine learning - in any form

Post by violet »

NitNoi wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:11 pm My son (or AI) created this in seconds to go with his dessert contribution to a California BBQ. I was impressed.

Caramel slice has no white, so we’ll blame the tool, I guess.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

NitNoi wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:11 pm My son (or AI) created this in seconds to go with his dessert contribution to a California BBQ. I was impressed.

It's a trade mark infringement!
He may use the Sydney city landscape incorporating the opera house (bridge, centre point tower etc) but can not use the opera house on it's own.
The Sydney Opera House trust charges approximately $50,000 AUD per year to use their brand.
I know this because they ordered me to remove part of my business logo.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Top marks for the Koalaroos.

Points off for the spelling of Aussei.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Based on the response of both Google and Bing in the last few days, I’ve come to the conclusion that the biggest risk of the AI revolution, and the evolution of the internet, is that it will continue to adopt the same DILLIGAF mentality and apathy of it’s human counterparts and creators.

11 days ago, I arrived in Spain. Almost immediately, anything searched for through Bing or Google provided answers in Spanish. Even though I was getting Spanish to English translations through the translate functions, It* seemed to have concluded that I was instantly a native Spanish speaker. Wiki, too, came up in Spanish. Despite me being logged in to my accounts.

Yesterday, I arrived back in the UK. Without blinking an eye, these same systems have assumed that I am still Spanish, or a native Spanish speaker, and want my content delivered in Spanish.
I queried Bing. It apologised, and claimed to not know my current location. Despite having just found a specific business address 10miles away, and providing spot on accurate directions to get there.

A 21st century AI Whatever!.

*It being the clown technology, the drain being the internet that it currently is
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I think you spelt DILLIGAF wrong, but I doubt you GAF. :pardon:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:55 pm I think you spelt DILLIGAF wrong, but I doubt you GAF. :pardon:
Spelt it right, just a shite typist. One reason why I don’t wear short skirts and paint my finger nails!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Tesla announced it’s next version of full self driving will be neural engine based. The car will learn how to drive from the driver. Eliminating awkward fails that keep plaguing the system.

And 300,000 lines of code cut out, saving time and money.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:21 pm Tesla announced it’s next version of full self driving will be neural engine based. The car will learn how to drive from the driver. Eliminating awkward fails that keep plaguing the system.

I think I saw one of those typical drivers parking a small SUV earlier. Given how accurately this person missed the confines of a disabled parking space, I’m thinking Tesla may just be changing the source of the awkward fails.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Freightdog wrote:
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:21 pm Tesla announced it’s next version of full self driving will be neural engine based. The car will learn how to drive from the driver. Eliminating awkward fails that keep plaguing the system.

I think I saw one of those typical drivers parking a small SUV earlier. Given how accurately this person missed the confines of a disabled parking space, I’m thinking Tesla may just be changing the source of the awkward fails.
Rules based driving assumes everyone follows the same driving rules all the time. This is then coded into the car. This is why the car fails. No one follows the rules 100% of the time.

Neural learning looks at the world and realizes people don’t follow the rules and must adopt defensive driving to compensate. It will require faster processors for better judgment. Beyond the Intel Atoms (initial Teslas) and AMD Ryzen (current Teslas). Tesla wants a 3 nm processor from TSMC in the future to achieve this.

Tesla software and hardware is getting better. Videos show how a Tesla sees the world through its cameras. Parking and driving lines are identified, as a crucial signs, people, and other vehicles and buildings.

And yes, Teslas can self park from the app.

Things will be safer with AI enhancement.
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

Perhaps a Batman protective sheath as an add-on option?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic