AI and machine learning - in any form

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: AI and machine learning - in any form

Post by techietraveller84 »

violet wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:57 pm
techietraveller84 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:02 am
violet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:40 am Editor sacked for running a fake AI generated interview with Michael Schumacher

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-23/ ... -A6Zeq3vNU

"Die Aktuelle editor-in-chief Anne Hoffmann, who has held journalistic responsibility for the paper since 2009, will be relieved of her duties as of today."

The latest edition of Die Aktuelle ran a front cover with a picture of a smiling Schumacher and the headline promising "Michael Schumacher, the first interview".

They basically said it was AI generated. It was its tastelessness and being misleading that resulted in the sacking
The AI was willing to be Schumacher?

I don't understand your humour.
I was just trying to imply what intelligent person (or AI) would want to be Schumacher. [not a Ferrari fan]
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

I think one of the parts of this whole AI revolution that people are finding most shocking is that most people imagined AI would take over the heavy lifting and that we'd be left to pursue "human" things it can't do like arts, music, creative stuff. What's happening is the opposite, at least for now. Art, music and things we consider to be creative are in fact very formulaic and seem easy for AI to master.

I was at a restaurant in Manchester last night where you order from a tablet, the food is brought to you via a robot and the humans are just left to clean up the tables at the end and deal with your wife complaining about the food "because complaining to a robot doesn't feel the same" :roll:

I'm still having a lot of fun with a range of different AI art generators and ended up doing a month long photoshop course so I can fix the stuff AI messes up. All of the ones I posted in previous threads were made using mage.space. These two were made with MidJourney v5, though I still prefer mage for most stuff. I have plans to train my own Stable Diffusion model but there's a lot to wrap my head around.

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Bubble T wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:23 pm I think one of the parts of this whole AI revolution that people are finding most shocking is that most people imagined AI would take over the heavy lifting and that we'd be left to pursue "human" things it can't do like arts, music, creative stuff. What's happening is the opposite, at least for now. Art, music and things we consider to be creative are in fact very formulaic and seem easy for AI to master.

I was at a restaurant in Manchester last night where you order from a tablet, the food is brought to you via a robot and the humans are just left to clean up the tables at the end and deal with your wife complaining about the food "because complaining to a robot doesn't feel the same" :roll:

I'm still having a lot of fun with a range of different AI art generators and ended up doing a month long photoshop course so I can fix the stuff AI messes up. All of the ones I posted in previous threads were made using mage.space. These two were made with MidJourney v5, though I still prefer mage for most stuff. I have plans to train my own Stable Diffusion model but there's a lot to wrap my head around.

WOW
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

For some context: It turns out that the best way to write prompts for MidJourney is to feed ChatGPT all of the MidJourney documentation on how to write prompts as well as showing it the prompts of other professional grade work from others on MidJourney, then just tell ChatGPT in plain English what you want and get it to write the prompt for you.

If you go down this route you need to break the documentation up into sections because it exceeds the text input limit on ChatGPT. Just before the end of each section, put "we're not done yet, there is more, just reply READ to indicate that you have read this part and then I'll paste the rest below", then wait for it to respond READ and paste the rest (same goes for teaching it anything you want as long as good documentation exists). This doesn't work well with mage.space because they don't have much documentation.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Bubble T wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:23 pm I was at a restaurant in Manchester last night where you order from a tablet, the food is brought to you via a robot and the humans are just left to clean up the tables at the end and deal with your wife complaining about the food "because complaining to a robot doesn't feel the same" :roll:
You've left out the most interesting part, WHO'S COOKING? Robots serving meals isn't exactly spectacular, that can even be found in Phnom Penh.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as i have learned so much from South park of course they didn't let me down with Chat GPT:

Never one to shy away from hot-button topics, it looks like the creators of South Park have used ChatGPT to write parts of a recent episode that pokes fun at the much-hyped artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot.

Released on March 9, 2023, the fourth episode of season 26, titled Deep Learning, sees students at South Park Elementary discover the new technology that can write their homework (an experience that’s no doubt unfolding at schools and colleges around the world at the moment).

.....The episode ends with the credits saying “written by Trey Parker and ChatGPT”,

The ever-controversial creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, are not totally divorced from the incoming tidal wave of AI technology, however. The pair set up their own AI entertainment studio, Deep Voodoo, which recently received $20 million of funding to develop “deep fake technology, cost-effective visual effects services, and original synthetic media projects.”

https://www.iflscience.com/south-park-c ... t-ai-68059

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

These are some more MidJourney v5 images I made yesterday using prompts created by GPT4 as a result of the training I gave it. Midjourney is great for this kind of image and it's awesome that they have enough documentation to train GPT4, but there are still huge limitations in what it can do and I'm still planning on sticking with mage.space for the most part.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Bubble T wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:28 pm Image
These are some more MidJourney v5 images I made yesterday using prompts created by GPT4 as a result of the training I gave it. Midjourney is great for this kind of image and it's awesome that they have enough documentation to train GPT4, but there are still huge limitations in what it can do and I'm still planning on sticking with mage.space for the most part.
wow WOW. You could publish a book of these images methinks.
Stay classy na
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

lots of great info on twitter:

Introducing InsultGPT,

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:34 pm lots of great info on twitter:

Introducing InsultGPT,

that kind of reads like tof.
Stay classy na
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic