For what is legal to buy, sell & transport in Thailand, can get you the death sentence in Singapore

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Death penalty in Singapore

Post by violet »

Random Dude wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:50 pm
violet wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:24 am
violet wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:02 am Why is this newsworthy? Have you only now learned of death sentences in Singapore? They happen often enough.
I apologise. I hadn’t realised he was only ‘the intended recipient’. That is newsworthy.
What’s not news is that I’m a douche sometimes
I'd say it's newsworthy in that it's a cautionary story. Anyone thinking about smuggling weed into Singapore, or receiving smuggled weed intending to sell it, or probably even being in possession of a joint or two for personal use should know that the consequences will be harsh if you're caught.
That’s where I disagree with you - people ought to know that already. It’s nothing new. However, a death sentence as an intended recipient who never actually received it - that’s newsworthy and a bigger cautionary tale
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Death penalty in Singapore

Post by Random Dude »

violet wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:57 pm
Random Dude wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:50 pm
violet wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:24 am
violet wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:02 am Why is this newsworthy? Have you only now learned of death sentences in Singapore? They happen often enough.
I apologise. I hadn’t realised he was only ‘the intended recipient’. That is newsworthy.
What’s not news is that I’m a douche sometimes
I'd say it's newsworthy in that it's a cautionary story. Anyone thinking about smuggling weed into Singapore, or receiving smuggled weed intending to sell it, or probably even being in possession of a joint or two for personal use should know that the consequences will be harsh if you're caught.
That’s where I disagree with you - people ought to know that already. It’s nothing new. However, a death sentence as an intended recipient who never actually received it - that’s newsworthy and a bigger cautionary tale

Well, anyone out there thinking they could get a mate to post them a kilo, or just bit of 'Christmas cheer' assuming they'll be ok if it gets intercepted at customs as long as they never touch it can be advised .... if you're involved in any way you can be held liable. And killed.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: For what is legal to buy, sell & transport in Thailand, can get you the death sentence in Singapore

Post by phuketrichard »

Singapore on Wednesday executed a man accused of coordinating a cannabis delivery, despite pleas for clemency from his family and protests from activists that he was convicted on weak evidence.

Tangaraju Suppiah, 46, was sentenced to death in 2018 for abetting the trafficking of 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of cannabis. Under Singapore laws, trafficking more than 500 grams of cannabis may result in the death penalty.

Activist Kirsten Han of the Transformative Justice Collective, which advocates for the abolition of the death penalty in Singapore, said in a tweet that Tangaraju was hanged Wednesday morning and that his family had been given the death certificate.

Although Tangaraju was not caught with the cannabis, prosecutors said phone numbers traced him as the person responsible for coordinating the delivery of the drugs. Tangaraju had maintained that he was not the one communicating with the others connected to the case.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/singapore- ... -delivery/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: For what is legal to buy, sell & transport in Thailand, can get you the death sentence in Singapore

Post by canucklhead »

Its pretty well known that Malaysia including Singapore has the strictest drug laws. Back in the 80s I flushed the best Thai Stick down the toilet as the train approached the Malaysian border. 😎
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

canucklhead wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:47 pm Its pretty well known that Malaysia including Singapore has the strictest drug laws.
It's also pretty well known that Singapore separated from Malaysia in 1965. Malaysia is abolishing the death penalty, Indonesia and Vietnam still have it for drug trafficking.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic