PM seeks ban on water gun games during KNY after foreign tourist injured

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: PM seeks ban on water gun games during KNY after foreign tourist injured

Post by pissontheroof »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:04 pm

Sometimes, it’s really essential to see a few photos of these events, to truly appreciate the spectacle. Especially when reading about it from afar.
I know you didn’t tag me but am happy to show my pics

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

…but no lovely legs? :please:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:19 pm …but no lovely legs? :please:
I would have taken pics but my device isn't waterproof so I didn't have it on me

Must strap a few video cams onto myself next year
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:19 pm …but no lovely legs? :please:

Sorry - from me I didn’t go to wat phnom
Famous for legs ?

I’m a crotch guy myself but legs are not on a list of what SWIMBO
says not to do ?
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I hate to be a spoil sport, but I am in favour of the Prime ministers ban on water splashing and talcum powder being thrown.

I had a birds eye view from above as a mid teenage girl in nicely dressed light coloured dress and top walked down the street and was squirted in the face with water then had a massive amount of talcum thrown in her face blinding her. She stepped backwards into the path of a black suv ute that had kids squirting water. The suv probably didn't see her with all the water thrown at the windscreen. The girl was knocked down and was lucky to not have ended up under the vehicle. No-one helped her up until she was already standing, and I could see her trying to brush off the stains on her dress, as she walked back the way she had just come.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kampot:
what BAN???

Seems everyone having a great time
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
last man standing
Tourist
Germany

Post by last man standing »

Me and my Girl had a great time at What Phnom and around.
It was so much fun, everyone together, the young ones, the older ones. Compared with Germany (in the bigger Citys), at some point everywhere you can see people puking, fighting, firing Fireworks into crowds. You don't feel safe anymore.
And for those who don't like it: Just stay Home, or stay close to open Shops. Easy.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Yeah, whatever, it's tonnes of fun if you don't like it blah blah but shooting motorbike rider's faces is not fun, it's fkn stupid.

I also think putting ice in the water is (trying to think of a more delicate word that conveys my feelings but I can't so..) cuntish. Hot as is it, I don't enjoy being drenched by a bucket of ice cold water.

If that makes me a grumpy fucker Happy bastard New Year!
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

Given the fire brigade were heavily involved is spraying water it appears that the edict was quietly reversed.

Did anybody see any of the videos of the girls with the new nose jobs who were slapped with a handful of talc and their noses ended up spread across their faces?
Missus tells me there were multiple videos on Facebook - I only saw two but they make me chuckle.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:34 pm Kampot:
what BAN???

[Video of large crowd]

Seems everyone having a great time
Ever since the Koh Pich bridge 'accident' in 2010 I avoid large crowds. I was reassured a few years later when fireworks at he riverside failed and instead of going high fired into the crowd.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic