Pet owners are selfish.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Pet owners are selfish.

Post by JReb »

I guess you never heard a pack of coyotes gang up on your favorite dog? On my planet, people lose pets to wild animals all the time...What is a pet? Anything you keep in your house? This climate carbon stuff just makes no sense. How did elephants get to Indonesia? They walked when it was a solid land mass before the sea level rose.
China is opening a new coal burning plant ever week as is India..The two countries with most people.
Have you ever lived where you cooked with wood you gathered or cut down? I cannot see any of you minor players doing any good while a majority of the planet is not playing by your rules.
Do your own thing..good for you
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’m incense burning is hurting the planet to.

Go electric candles to bring prayers to Buddha.

If this sounds tongue in cheek, it is.
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

Well, there we have it. Something to the left of my orientation. I’ll be damned.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

Stories like this, in newspapers like “The Independent”, are written for the sole purpose of getting people riled up.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Ryan754326 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:27 pm Stories like this, in newspapers like “The Independent”, are written for the sole purpose of getting people riled up.
Which is why I blocked the OP ages ago, his posts and comments added nothing beneficial to my life.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:56 pm
Ryan754326 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:27 pm Stories like this, in newspapers like “The Independent”, are written for the sole purpose of getting people riled up.
Which is why I blocked the OP ages ago, his posts and comments added nothing beneficial to my life.
it’s a controversial article that I didn’t write or endorse that is interesting enough to provoke some discussion.

Of course your own solipsism blocks you from any kind of objective thinking.

Ironic our very own cat lady takes offence to the topic and to me but complains whenever I make a peep in her direction - which got me banned. I simply like to point out her hypocrisy which is again on full view here.

What’s the matter Roz - not enough attention?
Stay classy na
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's true that pet owners are selfish. They care more about botched and hopeless mashed-up kittens than they care about babies. I've seen so many crowd-funders for mangled cats, but not for actual human beings. And before you jump in I've worked with disadvantaged humans but not so much for invasive cute-looking pets that are wiping out all the native species.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

I see all the stories on facebook , people concerned about others eating dogs and 🐈

I want to comment but I can not , because I’m normmaly banned from facebook , but all I want to say is

cATS and DOgs are NOT endangered species ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:28 am It's true that pet owners are selfish. They care more about botched and hopeless mashed-up kittens than they care about babies. I've seen so many crowd-funders for mangled cats, but not for actual human beings. And before you jump in I've worked with disadvantaged humans but not so much for invasive cute-looking pets that are wiping out all the native species.
I spend far more each month helping children and people than I do helping cats!
If anyone does want to help children, Pickled Parrot on street 23 do amazing work, taking meals to the children's' hospital once a week. It's a very worthwhile cause which I contribute to.
And I also foster rescue kittens. :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

David Gordon wrote:

it’s a controversial article that I didn’t write or endorse that is interesting enough to provoke some discussion.

Of course your own solipsism blocks you from any kind of objective thinking.

Ironic our very own cat lady takes offence to the topic and to me but complains whenever I make a peep in her direction - which got me banned. I simply like to point out her hypocrisy which is again on full view here.

What’s the matter Roz - not enough attention?
There’s a thing where people block those who bring anything but happy clappy positivity to their lives - friendships end because a person adds nothing positive or beneficial to their social media newsfeed. Not of the same political persuasion, disagree on matters, too much doom and gloom - the person is eradicated.
It’s manifestation and attracting what you put out - on steroids.

of course these same people like to judge others as not being compassionate toward those with mental health issues.

It’s an elevation of self above others - ‘better than’ because they ‘give’ while others drain.

It’s cult like thinking in my view -
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic