Meet Lily...

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Meet Lily...

Post by StroppyChops »

For 20 minute flight time, 2 hour charge time, non swappable batteries? Naw...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

StroppyChops wrote:For 20 minute flight time, 2 hour charge time, non swappable batteries? Naw...
I have a Phantom 2 with rechargeable batteries and 8 minutes more flight time. Also costs 3 times as much and is not water proof and very much hands-on all the time.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Guess we need a water proof Phantom with a follow option.

I would never buy something that's battery driven but doesn't allow me to replace batteries.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

BOFH wrote:Guess we need a water proof Phantom with a follow option.

I would never buy something that's battery driven but doesn't allow me to replace batteries.
No Ipad or Iphone then?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

BOFH wrote:Guess we need a water proof Phantom with a follow option.

isn't that an apple product? :plus1:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hanno wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:For 20 minute flight time, 2 hour charge time, non swappable batteries? Naw...
I have a Phantom 2 with rechargeable batteries and 8 minutes more flight time. Also costs 3 times as much and is not water proof and very much hands-on all the time.
do u have any videos u care to share??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

phuketrichard wrote:
hanno wrote:
Let me find the last one where the drone did no longer react to the radio signal, flew into some Bamboo, and crashed on the only patch of concrete for Miles around.

Just got it fixed and will fly again this weekend.....
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

hanno wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
hanno wrote:
Let me find the last one where the drone did no longer react to the radio signal, flew into some Bamboo, and crashed on the only patch of concrete for Miles around.

Just got it fixed and will fly again this weekend.....
Don't the more expensive drones gently set themselves down if they lose signal now? Shame if you're over water, but better than flying on into the sunset.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Don't the more expensive drones gently set themselves down if they lose signal now? Shame if you're over water, but better than flying on into the sunset.
In theory yes. But this bloody thing went into fly-away mode (I later figured it was because I forgot to turn off the Bluetooth on the GoPro), hit some Bamboo 12 meters and nose-dived into the concrete.

Pretty sturdy though: all the propellers broke, and it took me forever to get a replacement, the gimbal head attachment broke but the actual drone just suffered cosmetic damage.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

hanno wrote:
In theory yes. But this bloody thing went into fly-away mode (I later figured it was because I forgot to turn off the Bluetooth on the GoPro), hit some Bamboo 12 meters and nose-dived into the concrete.

Pretty sturdy though: all the propellers broke, and it took me forever to get a replacement, the gimbal head attachment broke but the actual drone just suffered cosmetic damage.
My son saved his dollars and bought a decent-sized RC helicopter. The box had a seal on it saying to not start the 'copter until the RC was on and signal-locked. The 'copter had a security tape stating to not start the 'copter until the RC was on and signal-locked. The first thing in the manual, and on the training DVD, was to not start the 'copter until the RC was on and signal-locked. My son the genius decided he wanted to know what happens when you start the 'copter before the RC was on and signal-locked. Fastest big money he ever wasted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic