playing around on the beach today and captured this image

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

playing around on the beach today and captured this image

Post by phuketrichard »

well anyway, after reading his article https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65296763
I might put the camera away

The winner of a major photography award has refused his prize after revealing his work was in fact an AI creation.

German artist Boris Eldagsen's entry, entitled Pseudomnesia: The Electrician, won the creative open category at last week's Sony World Photography Award.

He said he used the picture to test the competition and to create a discussion about the future of photography.

and than looking at this site
https://petapixel.com/best-ai-image-generators/

Whether you like them or not, Artificial Intelligence (AI) image generators have exploded in popularity this year and the technology shows no signs of stopping.
At the start of 2022, there were hardly any AI text-to-image generators available to the public, but with DALL-E finally becoming available in beta in July and Stable Diffusion being released a month later, there are now suddenly an array of AI image generators vying to be the best software on the market.

image below were produced by AI, with feeding it the quoted prompt. I was most curious about how helpful such a tool might be in creative work.

"A sloth playing a guitar, photograph 35mm lens"

Amazing stuff
watch this
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1 ... mp4?tag=14

https://en.rattibha.com/thread/1613540204668751873
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: playing around on the beach today and captured this image

Post by phuketrichard »

No comment on AI technology?

its going to be a possible scarry new world where one can no longer believe what one sees
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

AI works are so march 2023...
I feel kind of blasé now ^^
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:57 pm No comment on AI technology?

its going to be a possible scarry new world where one can no longer believe what one sees
I think you'll find people have been manipulating photographs very soon after they were invented.
You're just old and can't handle new technology :jerk:
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

I've been having a lot of fun with AI art engines lately. There's an incredible array of them available with different abilities and specialities. Below is an example from a collection I've been working on which I call Battlesheep.
Note that I have zero artistic ability. I just described a herd of fluffy armored sheep marching to mordor with fluffy winged sheep flying overhead, messed with some settings, and it did the rest.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Bubble T wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:40 pm I've been having a lot of fun with AI art engines lately. There's an incredible array of them available with different abilities and specialities. Below is an example from a collection I've been working on which I call Battlesheep.
Note that I have zero artistic ability. I just described a herd of fluffy armored sheep marching to mordor with fluffy winged sheep flying overhead, messed with some settings, and it did the rest.
That’s so cool. It allows those of us without the physical artistic talent to see our imaginations made visual for others to share. Love it

You say you have been working on a collection - do you have an end purpose in mind for the collection; part of another project or to try to make money from the AI art in their own right, or just to explore?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

violet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:19 am
Bubble T wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:40 pm I've been having a lot of fun with AI art engines lately. There's an incredible array of them available with different abilities and specialities. Below is an example from a collection I've been working on which I call Battlesheep.
That’s so cool. It allows those of us without the physical artistic talent to see our imaginations made visual for others to share. Love it

You say you have been working on a collection - do you have an end purpose in mind for the collection; part of another project or to try to make money from the AI art in their own right, or just to explore?
I like it.. It reminds me of something Tim BUrton would do

OR surrealist artist salvador dali
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

violet wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:19 am That’s so cool. It allows those of us without the physical artistic talent to see our imaginations made visual for others to share. Love it

Just a fun thing to mess around with and a way to learn how to use it I guess. It's also just fun to mess around with different prompts and see what comes out.

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I really like the way the ‘fluffy’ has been created. Rather than as BklynBoy sees them, they conjure up Wallace & Gromit x Halo.
Genuinely like them.
The last one with the legs/hooves replaced is great.

What are you using for these?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Bubble T wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:55 am
Just a fun thing to mess around with and a way to learn how to use it I guess. It's also just fun to mess around with different prompts and see what comes out.

Did you give a prompt for the thing on this one’s head?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic