playing around on the beach today and captured this image

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
violet
Expatriate

Re: playing around on the beach today and captured this image

Post by violet »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:31 pm why?
2 pages in and u want merge it to another thread?
they might be similar but surely there not overlapping, as i stared this one for concern about photograph and AI
My reasoning was that if I want to come back to this in future I won’t remember it’s in a thread about the beach, and AI isn’t a great search term. Also, there is a lot of overlap - a failure to see that is odd - maybe it could be entitled Emerging AI or something.

However - no point arguing about it. Admin either will or won’t
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Khmer Battlesheep
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I think you are artistic. This isn’t just AI at work - from my experience of two images that I attempted (one shared)

I keep reading that AI has a problem with hands. Odd that it does - the difference in reality between face and hands in your image supports what I’ve read.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

Thank you, that's very kind but I've been practicing with it a lot and reading up on how to communicate with it. Learning how to weight prompts properly makes a huge difference. Also finding out what it's good at and what it's not. I'd love to get into training my own model for Stable Diffusion but it's a huge expense in both time and money.

You're right about hands and feet, it finds them extremely difficult to get right.

My latest thing is elf dragon princesses. I just sort of fell down a rabbit hole and ended up making a bazillion of them. Here's a sfw example:
I made it as a cartoon first in a random engine (because realistic engines don't know where to start with this kind of stuff), then remixed the image using Liberty to get the realistic vibe and texture on the wings and face, then used DucHaiten Journey to give it some cinematic lighting and final finish.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

That’s great and you certainly know your way around the various tools available to get a satisfactory outcome - and artistry is expressed through many tools - brush, pencil, clay, digital (obviously there’s all the other ways too - voice, musical instrument,….). You have found your medium.

Of course, you were always a bit of a digital savant from what I’ve read.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

https://chat.forefront.ai/
#imagine a hamster eating pizza on a beautiful beach at sunset

Its fun to play with but, i'd rather travel and bring back real photos, but thats just me :beer3:

BUT as these 2 images show not everything can be captured by a camera

a hobbit at his hobbit hole
Last edited by phuketrichard on Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

^why would it be an either/or?
Both can exist. A person can create by both means and be out travelling

/headshake
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

violet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:49 pm ^why would it be an either/or?

/headshake
for me
capturing real images, is not the same as creating images out of my Imagination

YES , both can exist
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:54 pm
violet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:49 pm ^why would it be an either/or?

/headshake
for me
capturing real images, is not the same as creating images out of my Imagination

YES , both can exist
Yeah - my post was a bit off. Sorry about that.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:43 pm
https://chat.forefront.ai/
My Viurusscanner tells me the site is loads with phising problems? Anybody else the same issue?
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic