Russians are changing the face of travel destinations in Asia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Russians are changing the face of travel destinations in Asia

Post by phuketrichard »

jaynewcastle wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:09 pm Sri Lanka and Thailand have always been very popular with Russian tourists

I wonder if current visitor numbers are any higher than what they were say in 2018, 2019 etc ?

Or is it that they're much more noticeable this year, due to the lack of Chinese tourists, who normally attract the most hatred from other tourists ?
PHUKET
YES; very noticeable difference, if one needs visit immigration, any hospital, shopping at central mall or do border runswith vans, so much so, the local restaurants have changed their menus to include Russian alongside english and thai>

They are buying high end villas with CASH< renting expensive villas , taking over tour agencies and running tours with Russian speaking guides ( highly illegal)
My wife works at a pre school and 60% of the kids, since Dec ,are Russian with no english, ( kids and parents)

and hanging out at the Super cheap pharmacy in town all day, taking RX drug order's via skpye,to send back to Russia

few speak english and they are very pushy
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I saw penty of russians in turkey in september and in thailand in december, my hotel in phuket where is stayed in 2021 was packed with russians, from all ages, didnt hear any real trouble about them, not in Turkey and not in Thailand. The problem useally is with people who have been very poor and get rich in short time, they are the real aseholes, doesnt mather which country they come from. I speak some russian and when i try to communicate with them they where always friendly. Maybe they look nasty because they have an "offical face" without laughing or smiling, its their nature. In Russia if you laugh you are an idiot, even the girls from Aeroflot used to be not smiling. There was even a safety video about serious aeroflot staff saying something as "we take security safe, thats why we dont laugh with it" !!
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pootylicious »

thats good news! we need more white women
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

pootylicious wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:42 pm thats good news! we need more white women
the Russian women i see here are either
Spoiler:
or
Spoiler:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Three Russian women who entered Indonesia using business and tourist visas were deported by immigration authorities in Bali on March 10, 2023. The authorities said they were sex workers offering their services on the Island of Gods.

18th April, 2023

93 deportees out of Bali so far this year...Russia represented the biggest slice of the pie with 24 deportees

As controversies surrounding foreigners dominate headlines in Bali recently, an official has revealed one stat that shows authorities are getting tougher on outsiders who break the law on the Island of Gods.

Anggiat Napitupulu, who heads the Bali Office of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, revealed yesterday that 93 foreigners who stayed in Bali have been deported from Indonesia from Jan. 1 to April 17 this year.

Russia represented the biggest slice of the pie with 24 deportees, followed by Nigeria with seven and the US and Australia with six each.

Anggiat noted that the vast majority of the 93 were kicked out of the country over visa/permit violations and other violations of the law.

https://coconuts.co/bali/news/93-deport ... -official/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

there have been Russian women dancing and offering sex in Pattaya and Patong ( and i am sure Bangkok) long before Covid hit.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:49 pm
mi1 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:27 pm
Random Dude wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:45 pm It might be just a matter of time. As more and more make dicks of themselves in other countries and presumably get kicked out, or maybe face tougher visa requirements in the future, PP might start to pop up on their chatrooms.
You are right, it's already started. I am fluent in Russian, and recently there has been a growing number of questions in Telegram group chats about Cambodia. Most of them, however, are quite disappointed with the answers. They are really surprised that it's more expensive than Thailand and that to get a 1-year visa, you need a work permit. So, the number is growing but is still very low, so even if it doubles, it won't make much difference.
Hopefully, they'll go to Sihanoukville and they can fight with the Chinese.
That will be the day.
Boredom is like a shroud
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:06 am there have been Russian women dancing and offering sex in Pattaya and Patong ( and i am sure Bangkok) long before Covid hit.
The Bangladeshi taylor in Patong where i was in december told me the same, he said good sex and beautiful woman. But i am not really into the russian types, everything over 5 feet makes me scared. No idea what the Bangladeshi standard for good sex is !! ??
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Bangladeshi tailors do sex?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic