We want to live in America

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: We want to live in America

Post by Big Daikon »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:21 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:24 am
John Bingham wrote:Yes, they should stop spending money on all that useless stuff and give it all for free to dossers on Skid Row. Like they do in Australia and so many other places. :?
California does, and thus the hordes of tent cities.

The population is squeezed to death by increasingly high taxes to pay for the free stuff and are fleeing to places like Texas.

And bringing their poisonous ideas California ideas with them.

Funny thing about giving away stuff for free to those who pay nothing.

There is never enough free to give away to make them satisfied.
California's GDP dwarfs all other states, they should declare independence and deport all those homeless people from loser states.
I pray that California secedes.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Big Daikon wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:06 pm
John Bingham wrote:Yes, they should stop spending money on all that useless stuff and give it all for free to dossers on Skid Row. Like they do in Australia and so many other places. :?

The population is squeezed to death by increasingly high taxes to pay for the free stuff and are fleeing to places like Texas.

California's GDP dwarfs all other states, they should declare independence and deport all those homeless people from loser states.
before or after SF gives $5 million to each eligible Black resident??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:28 pm No confusion. Poor state policy.

Housing prices through the roof due to Silicon Valley and overseas buyers. Ordinary workecannot afford housing. State don’t want to build low cost housing. Low cost housing always depresses property values. The projects attract gangs and drugs. No billionaire wants to live next to that.

Plus the generous tax payer paid California benefits. Even the homeless can shower at any public library.

Jobs can be strangled by high taxes and excessive regulation.

The issue with California is not by high taxes, their average state and local taxes are the same as Illinois and Wisconsin, it's the high property valuations because of their pristine location.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:10 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:06 pm

before or after SF gives $5 million to each eligible Black resident??
After every black moves to SF to collect reparations. This could be a win-win scenario.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I very often had discusions with Khmers (and Venezuelans) about the US, they useally forget the cost of life in the other countries, they only see the high wages. I think if they made a list on what someone can do with a low salary is a better way to know "how good you can live". Remember i asked an Aussi guy, how many beer a waitress in AUS can buy from here 1-day-salary, compared it with a Belgian waitress, and at the end the Belgian girl was better of with her smaller salary !!
It doesnt matter what you earn, everything matters what you spend, some old guy told me 35 years ago . . .
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Make up of California’s GDP..
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

A huge amount is real estate. Generated by high housing prices. Followed by services and the government. Government is funded through high taxes. Average mom and pop business generate much less.

Major cities in California have gone bankrupt due to giving out too many services and too few people left to tax for it.

And while it’s true that the income tax rate might be comparable to other states, the prices for gas and other staples is much, much higher. There are many other taxes and regulations baked into the price.

Texas has no income tax. Texas law forbids cities, towns, and municipalities from charging their own income tax. Extra taxes must be publicly voted on, and not just simply decided by the local government.

California can never leave, unfortunately. The water it uses to feed it’s agriculture and people comes from other states, for starters. Gavin Newsome is known as the ‘Philosopher King’ there. He imparts the wisdom of growing big government as an example that should the followed around the world, with the rest of the US first, I’d course.

My personal opinions, of course.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:51 am Image
A huge amount is real estate. Generated by high housing prices. Followed by services and the government. Government is funded through high taxes. Average mom and pop business generate much less.

Major cities in California have gone bankrupt due to giving out too many services and too few people left to tax for it.

And while it’s true that the income tax rate might be comparable to other states, the prices for gas and other staples is much, much higher. There are many other taxes and regulations baked into the price.

Texas has no income tax. Texas law forbids cities, towns, and municipalities from charging their own income tax. Extra taxes must be publicly voted on, and not just simply decided by the local government.

California can never leave, unfortunately. The water it uses to feed it’s agriculture and people comes from other states, for starters. Gavin Newsome is known as the ‘Philosopher King’ there. He imparts the wisdom of growing big government as an example that should the followed around the world, with the rest of the US first, I’d course.

My personal opinions, of course.
Being from Texas I can assure you that because of the inflated home appraisals every year your money gets sucked dry with the property taxes and school taxes. And if you live in a MUD, you’re twice as screwed. And the weather and outdoor activities are nothing to write home about.

Not a fan of California, but if it were as affordable as a state like Arkansas or Mississippi, where in the hell do you think everyone would move to live?
oldfatbarang
Expatriate

Post by oldfatbarang »

I agree with John Bingham,California should declare independence.I don't think of California liberals as Americans.Californians want to change America to be what ever it is that they are.I do not believe that most Americans want to convince black people that republicans are racist so they should be democrats.I think that tactic is failing as more and more black Americans are leaving the democrat party to join the republican party and the republicans are welcoming them.I also do not believe that most Americans want to create a new gender or convince a child who is too young to understands about sex that they are a different sex than the one that they were born with.Florida teachers are not allowed to play those games.Only a teacher in California would even dream up that nonsense.I really do wish that6 California would secede.Let them be wealthy and prosper.I don't wish any hardship on the people there but I sure do not want to associate with them and do not want them to try and push their creepy ideas on me.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

oldfatbarang wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:47 am I agree with John Bingham,California should declare independence.I don't think of California liberals as Americans.Californians want to change America to be what ever it is that they are.I do not believe that most Americans want to convince black people that republicans are racist so they should be democrats.I think that tactic is failing as more and more black Americans are leaving the democrat party to join the republican party and the republicans are welcoming them.I also do not believe that most Americans want to create a new gender or convince a child who is too young to understands about sex that they are a different sex than the one that they were born with.Florida teachers are not allowed to play those games.Only a teacher in California would even dream up that nonsense.I really do wish that6 California would secede.Let them be wealthy and prosper.I don't wish any hardship on the people there but I sure do not want to associate with them and do not want them to try and push their creepy ideas on me.
Like Governor DeSantis picking a fight with Mickey Mouse and Governor Abbott starting a Holy War? Don’t go to California if you don’t want to associate with them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic