Shorter term accommodation

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Shorter term accommodation

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I'm moving again and looking for a place to stay for one or two months until we have time to look around and find a better place. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this? (Note previously we just contacted agents and told them that's what we want, and then they sent us some options. We could do that again.)

Generally agents don't like the idea of shorter term rentals especially since they usually get their commissions as a certain amount per month of contract. So often agents just flat out refuse this idea. Landlords, on the other hand, are sometimes open to it as in some cases I've approached landlords directly and they agreed.

Are there any other options that we could try for this? Prefer Chruoy Changvar or Prek Leap area.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Shorter term accommodation

Post by David Gordon »

Booking.com has all kinds of search options. If it were me I would just stay in a guest house/hotel. Some have kitchenettes if you need that.
Stay classy na
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

David Gordon wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:52 pm Booking.com has all kinds of search options. If it were me I would just stay in a guest house/hotel. Some have kitchenettes if you need that.
Yes, that is the best way to do it you check in a hotel & guesthouse in the city center and you seek around for what you need it should be fairly easy, there is studios and flats available everywhere.
Boredom is like a shroud
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

All right I'll try that, there were also a few on AirBNB that I saw just now.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:41 pm All right I'll try that, there were also a few on AirBNB that I saw just now.
Perhaps but I walk in customer with cash $$$ will get a better deal and you avoid phony extra charges that these booking sites add on.
Boredom is like a shroud
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

Agents get a fee

That costs you extra

They do nothing you can't do yourself
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

schlarry wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:35 pm Agents get a fee

That costs you extra

Right and they have the ability to vanishe when the shit hit the fan.
Boredom is like a shroud
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

schlarry wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:35 pm Agents get a fee

That costs you extra

Yes, but I'm not in town right now and so I can't drive around and find the places that are for rent.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I useally stay 1 or 2 months, last years always in Seasons residence on 144, service-appartement on walking distance from riverside, 650 for a month plus electricity (was 71 in december for me). They come to clean twice a week, full equiped kitchen and 24h security in theory, often he sleeps at night but you need fingerprint to open the inside door.
In my eyes cant find cheaper, better and closer to the action !! You can also rent per day (was 45 a day in december). Next door is ATM and a supermarket and a fresh bakery !!
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

I believe Le Botum or sun & moon offer studio style rooms for 500-600 a month, definitely check those out before booking into any random guesthouse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic