bloke with HIV wants to retire in Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Re: bloke with HIV wants to retire in Cambodia

Post by Ozinasia »

Good advice and yep discussed same . He has no relatives no kids and his favorite local is on its last legs he says very often the only one in there . if he sells he will leave UK with almost twice that amount which I think if wise will see him through, I suggested he leaves at least half or more in UK but I told him first to get the best medical insurance he can if he can given he has HIV I am unsure if that's possible. However he really is miserable and lonely where he is and missies his lady friend who I don't know not met her but they go out and about daily and eat at cafes and restaurants, go to movies etc which he doesn't do in UK so I expect turning over this new page his quality of life here would be way better IF living together works out and I don't see why not she is no spring chicken either.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ozinasia wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:37 pm Good advice and yep discussed same . He has no relatives no kids and his favorite local is on its last legs he says very often the only one in there . if he sells he will leave UK with almost twice that amount which I think if wise will see him through, I suggested he leaves at least half or more in UK but I told him first to get the best medical insurance he can if he can given he has HIV I am unsure if that's possible. However he really is miserable and lonely where he is and missies his lady friend who I don't know not met her but they go out and about daily and eat at cafes and restaurants, go to movies etc which he doesn't do in UK so I expect turning over this new page his quality of life here would be way better IF living together works out and I don't see why not she is no spring chicken either.
There are plenty of deposit rates in the UK now over 4% on a two-year fixed basis. Up to £85,000 per institution and you have a 100% government guarantee. More than that, spread it around.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/savings/goals/
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

agree suggested to him to rent here and leave most there at least for a year or so.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic