hoarding water

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

hoarding water

Post by kritsana77 »

I hate the guy who runs this business near where I live. I can feel the compressors running all day long and I hardly have any water. He's not Khmer. I think that he's hoarding water. I'm moving out in another few weeks. How can WE bust him? Or is it even possible. Thank you.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: hoarding water

Post by Jerry Atrick »

kritsana77 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:21 am I hate the guy who runs this business near where I live. I can feel the compressors running all day long and I hardly have any water. He's not Khmer. I think that he's hoarding water. I'm moving out in another few weeks. How can WE bust him? Or is it even possible. Thank you.
Your post seems sort of unhinged

Did you know phnom penh is experiencing severe water shortages?

Also, how the fuck does one "feel a compressor"?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

kritsana77 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:21 am I hate the guy who runs this business near where I live. I can feel the compressors running all day long and I hardly have any water. He's not Khmer. I think that he's hoarding water. I'm moving out in another few weeks. How can WE bust him? Or is it even possible. Thank you.
You "hate the guy who runs a business near where I live"?
Why? Because he has his own business? Or are you projecting your frustrations at the current water shortage onto him?

And then your choice of words in this next part is interesting.
"I can feel the compressors running all day long"
Really? "feel" ?? this implies you can't hear them but you can "feel" the vibrations they make while running? but you only live near to him, not above, below or next door to.

And you think he's hoarding water... lol like thats a crime. unhinged is starting to fit rather well here tbh.

And whats this "we" shit ... you'll find the "We", ie. most people, don't care.. we might sympathize a little.. but thats about it.

You sound madder than Mad jack McMad, winner of last years Mr Madman competition.

PS. Bonus 10 points if you know where that last quote comes from :)
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:14 am
Your post seems sort of unhinged

Did you know phnom penh is experiencing severe water shortages?

Also, how the fuck does one "feel a compressor"?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Well then someone in my street is also hoarding water because I have none either.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

It looks like now's the time to befriend the owners of the rooftop tanks and pumps instead of trying to 'bust' them. They will have the first water in their tank with their pumps turning and they will have stock for days once the tank is full.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:10 pm Well then someone in my street is also hoarding water because I have none either.
It's me. If I turn your water valve off, my pressure improves :D
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Oh that's a funny one :

1- Are you Khmer ?
2 - He's not Khmer
3- Why make a move if you move out ?
4 - Why make a move based on an assumption ?
5 - What do you mean by "bust him" exactly ?
6- How do you know he's "hoarding" when he might be actually sharing it with other neighbors, for various reasons ?
7- Why not go to the next level and "bust" the northerner countries hoarding water with dams ?
8- How do you/we know that you lack water not because of YOUR cat taking showers all day long ?
"Busting" rats is a sweaty job, It's hot and he's quite furry after all ^^
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

IraHayes wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:35 am
You "hate the guy who runs a business near where I live"?
Why? Because he has his own business? Or are you projecting your frustrations at the current water shortage onto him?

And then your choice of words in this next part is interesting.
"I can feel the compressors running all day long"
Really? "feel" ?? this implies you can't hear them but you can "feel" the vibrations they make while running? but you only live near to him, not above, below or next door to.

And you think he's hoarding water... lol like thats a crime. unhinged is starting to fit rather well here tbh.

And whats this "we" shit ... you'll find the "We", ie. most people, don't care.. we might sympathize a little.. but thats about it.

You sound madder than Mad jack McMad, winner of last years Mr Madman competition.

PS. Bonus 10 points if you know where that last quote comes from :)
Maybe this guy has a cunning plan involving a turnip...
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by kritsana77 »

Ira,get out much? Look how much you wrote.
Jerry. "How does one feel a compressor". I guess you don't know what an air compressor is.

I am so glad I do not go to the bars. Brits,you either love them or their complete a**h****.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic