Bicycles still allowed on the train?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Bicycles still allowed on the train?

Post by orichá »

Passenger trains are running regularly to Sihanoukville and Battambang from Phnom Penh.

In the past, before the pandemic, it was easy to transport a bicycle the same day you traveled.

Is this still permitted? Has anyone done it recently?
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Bicycles still allowed on the train?

Post by schlarry »

They still allow motorcycles, so pretty sure no problem
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

schlarry wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:07 am They still allow motorcycles, so pretty sure no problem
You are sure? I can go down to the station to check, but it is a hassle...

Their phone numbers do not work, at all... Lol...
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

Maybe try FB groups?

Someone recently posted rates for bikes/cars etc on a motorcycle group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mototom
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I'm traveling from Sihanoukviille to Kampot today on the train with my motorcycle. $15.00 for the bike.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Cooldude wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:10 am I'm traveling from Sihanoukviille to Kampot today on the train with my motorcycle. $15.00 for the bike.
Okay, did you buy the bike ticket in advance, or will you pay today on arrival at the station. I think maybe I should just go buy all my tickets in advance...
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Is it possible to take car from Kampot to Sihanoukville?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, you can take bicycles and motos on the trains,best to book in advance though to secure the space... for cars I believe you need to book well in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/TRRCambodia?mibextid=ZbWKwL
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

orichá wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:36 am
Cooldude wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:10 am I'm traveling from Sihanoukviille to Kampot today on the train with my motorcycle. $15.00 for the bike.
Okay, did you buy the bike ticket in advance, or will you pay today on arrival at the station. I think maybe I should just go buy all my tickets in advance...
I booked this last Tuesday. Khmer New Year travelers are out and about. We'll see how crowded the train is.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:41 am Yes, you can take bicycles and motos on the trains,best to book in advance though to secure the space... for cars I believe you need to book well in advance.

https://www.facebook.com/TRRCambodia?mibextid=ZbWKwL
If its not a Saturday or Sunday then it's not guaranteed to put bike on the train, it depends if the trailer carriage Is connected or not. Nly guaranteed at weekends. That's what I was told on Monday.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic