Mister & Miss Supranational Cambodia 2023

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Mister & Miss Supranational Cambodia 2023

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Vorn Sela has been proclaimed Mister Supranational Cambodia 2023 on Sunday, April 2 at the Grand Ballroom of Morgan Tower in Koh Pich, Phnom Penh.

The 25-year-old vlogger representing Pursat bested 39 other competitors to win the national male pageant. He is not a stranger to pageantry, having won the title of Mister Cambodia 2019.

Thul Makara was named Mister Grand Cambodia 2023 (for Mister Grand International 2023) while Rim HakHeng, Dy Van Da, and Chhin Dara completed the Top 5 finalists.

The new Mister Supranational Cambodia succeeded last year's winner Lao Panha and will now prepare to represent his country at Mister Supranational 2023 in Poland this July.

Cambodia made its debut at the Mister Supranational competition in 2022.

Former Miss Grand Cambodia, Chily Tevy, was crowned Miss Supranational Cambodia 2023 on Saturday, April 1 at the Grand Ballroom of Morgan Tower in Koh Pich, Phnom Penh.

The 26-year-old model representing Kampong Thom edged out 17 other contestants to win the national beauty pageant. She succeeded last year's titleholder and first-ever Miss Supranational Cambodia Leakena In.

Khemma Metayer of Kep finished as first runner-up while Leak Monyanita of Battambang, Houn Srey Khouch of Phnom Penh, and Yi Srey Pov of Rattanakiri were the second, third, and fourth runners-up, respectively.

The new Miss Supranational Cambodia is no stranger to pageantry. She was named Miss Grand Cambodia 2020 and competed during the 8th Miss Grand International edition where she was voted (Country's Choice of the Year) into the Top 20.

"I love Cambodia, you are my heart and I will fulfill this role to the best of my ability," she wrote on social media shortly after winning her title.

Chily will now represent her country Cambodia at the Miss Supranational 2023 final in Poland this July.

https://www.pageantcircle.com/2023/04/f ... -2023.html
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mister & Miss Supranational Cambodia 2023

Post by cautious colin »

How many of these bloody tournaments are there?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Why is the bloke on the right wearing a tiara? (Am I really missing something here???)

WTF is going on with his hand?

Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:30 am

WTF is going on with his hand?

I thought they only looked like mannequins.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:30 am Why is the bloke on the right wearing a tiara? (Am I really missing something here???)
He's probably last year's winner. It's a crown, not a tiara.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:30 am WTF is going on with his hand?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

having power or influence that transcends national boundaries or governments. Supranational ....had to google that never heard of it before but then I dont have any interest in silly things like these events

A crown would not look right I think it is a tiara ! :P
his hand looks likey that 'cause o shadows :(
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:15 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:30 am Why is the bloke on the right wearing a tiara? (Am I really missing something here???)
He's probably last year's winner. It's a crown, not a tiara.
That's not a distinction that will cut the mustard if I wear one in Harry's.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:11 am
That's not a distinction that will cut the mustard if I wear one in Harry's.
Sorry to break it to you but you're never going to win a beauty contest. Not even one at Harry's.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic