Annoying login screen

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Annoying login screen

Post by Kammekor »

violet wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:42 pm Yep. Have also been getting this for about three weeks. Thought I might have done something with my settings or there was extra security. I just lived with it
It seems VPN related on my laptop. Don't get it when using mobile.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:47 pm
violet wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:42 pm Yep. Have also been getting this for about three weeks. Thought I might have done something with my settings or there was extra security. I just lived with it
Not for me. I’m on a phone (iOS) no vpn
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Ditto here. I get all the same symptoms, and 95% of the time I get the Cloudflare checkbox, desktop or phone. CEO auto login often does not work and I have to do it manually. It was starting to feel personal. Grrr . . .

Freightdog below just reminded me to list my system: iMac with MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 and iPhone 6s with 15.6.1. (Both old, like me.) So my probs can't be pinned on advanced systems.
Last edited by ExPenhMan on Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I exclusively use Apple.

There was a recent iOS update- 16.4.
I have private relay set on, which does mask IP addressing.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:21 pm I exclusively use Apple.

I’ve updated to 16.4 (last week) I don’t know if I use private relay.
Last edited by violet on Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

violet wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:24 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:21 pm I exclusively use Apple.

I’ve updated to 16.4. I don’t know if I use private relay.
ICloud settings, private relay options are in there.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:50 pm
Username Taken wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:48 pm And I thought it was just me!
Randomly get the cloudflare tick the box verification thing.
Randomly get logged out despite ticking the 'remember me' box.
And, anyone else, I've lost the CEO favicon. (Now on a just completed windows reinstall and still no favicon).

@General Mackevili, I think this is since the last update a couple of weeks ago.

What is a favicon?
That tiny little image in the browser tab (for each website).
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:47 pm
I am using Opera browser and when I click on the bookmark link to the forum I can get a Cloudflare "check if you are human" screen if I turn on Opera browsers built in VPN. If I open the forum link from my bookmarks without VPN enabled it never happens.
Cloudflare protects websites against malicious traffic by automatically blocking suspicious-looking traffic, especially traffic that may come from a non-human source. When Cloudflare sees an unfamiliar or strange new IP address make a request on a site, it will flag it and ask for a CAPTCHA before permitting the request.
For myself and the built in VPN that comes with Opera, the CAPTCHA is due to the fact that the free VPN wont be as robust as a paid for one and the IP address supplied from their database and it will have been used by many other people before thus Cloudflare will flag it as suspicious.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

It's sounding like it may be related to a change to CEO or Cloud flare.

from iCloud-
How Private Relay works
Normally, when you browse the web, information contained in your web traffic, such as your DNS records and IP address, can be seen by your network provider and the websites you visit. This information could be used to determine your identity and build a profile of your location and browsing history over time. iCloud Private Relay is designed to protect your privacy by ensuring that when you browse the web in Safari, no single party – not even Apple – can see both who you are and what sites you're visiting.
When Private Relay is enabled, your requests are sent through two separate, secure internet relays. Your IP address is visible to your network provider and to the first relay, which is operated by Apple. Your DNS records are encrypted, so neither party can see the address of the website you’re trying to visit. The second relay, which is operated by a third-party content provider, will generate a temporary IP address, decrypt the name of the website you've requested and connect you to the site. All of this is done using the latest internet standards to maintain a high-performance browsing experience while protecting your privacy.
iCloud Private Relay is not available in all countries or regions. Without access to your IP address, some websites may require extra steps to sign in or access content
At least 2 different browsers, potentially 3 plus different regions worldwide. How many different platforms? MacOS, iOS, what others?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:12 pm It's sounding like it may be related to a change to CEO or Cloud flare.

from iCloud-
How Private Relay works
Normally, when you browse the web, information contained in your web traffic, such as your DNS records and IP address, can be seen by your network provider and the websites you visit. This information could be used to determine your identity and build a profile of your location and browsing history over time. iCloud Private Relay is designed to protect your privacy by ensuring that when you browse the web in Safari, no single party – not even Apple – can see both who you are and what sites you're visiting.
When Private Relay is enabled, your requests are sent through two separate, secure internet relays. Your IP address is visible to your network provider and to the first relay, which is operated by Apple. Your DNS records are encrypted, so neither party can see the address of the website you’re trying to visit. The second relay, which is operated by a third-party content provider, will generate a temporary IP address, decrypt the name of the website you've requested and connect you to the site. All of this is done using the latest internet standards to maintain a high-performance browsing experience while protecting your privacy.
iCloud Private Relay is not available in all countries or regions. Without access to your IP address, some websites may require extra steps to sign in or access content
At least 2 different browsers, potentially 3 plus different regions worldwide. How many different platforms? MacOS, iOS, what others?
For me there's no doubt this is something which has to be solved at the server's side.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic