FREE Tickets to SEA Games Events for All Cambodians (and Foreigners)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: FREE Tickets to SEA Games Events for All Cambodians (and Foreigners)

Post by Alex »

I might go just to check it out, never been to a stadium in Cambodia. Do they allow booze?
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Alex wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:03 pm I might go just to check it out, never been to a stadium in Cambodia. Do they allow booze?
When i have been to the football, no booze
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Soriya wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:15 pm When i have been to the football, no booze
Huh? The couple football matches that i was dragged along to, under duress (because I can't stand soccer), beer was available for purchase, if there wasn't I wouldn't have stayed :D
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:10 pm
Soriya wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:15 pm When i have been to the football, no booze
Huh? The couple football matches that i was dragged along to, under duress (because I can't stand soccer), beer was available for purchase, if there wasn't I wouldn't have stayed :D
I have only been to Visakha and Boeng keng ket, neither had inside stadium when i went, but could buy outside, didnt try sneaking any in as they were checking bags, so didnt try.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I'm confused ( yea happens alot with things Cambodian)
I thought HE said the games were free for everyone ??
Or is it only the games are free, but opening an closing cost?

Does HE think that these people will travel back from wherever, to see the open & closing, just cause they get free tickets?
How about free flights as well :-)

on the 31st of march this was on this thread;
.....According to the source, the admission to the opening and closing ceremonies and all sporting events in the 2023 SEA Games-ASEAN Para Games hosted by Cambodia are free of charge for the national and international guests.
3,000 free tickets for Cambodians living abroad to attend the opening and closing ceremonies of the 32nd SEA Games 2023
The Ministry of Tourism has just announced that the National Organizing Committee of the Southeast Asian Games (CAMSOC) will supply 3,000 free tickets for Cambodians living abroad to attend the opening and closing ceremonies of the 32nd SEA Games 2023.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501277191/ ... ames-2023/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Free Express Bus for SEA Games and ASEAN Para Games Spectators
AKP Phnom Penh, May 06, 2023 --
Phnom Penh capital administration has announced an operation of express bus lines for live spectators of the 32nd SEA Games and 12th ASEAN Para Games in Cambodia.

The notification was issued on May 5, specifying that both Cambodian and foreign spectators can take the express bus free of charge from May 5 to June 9.

The first line of the express bus connects the stop at Koh Pich through Preah Sisowath quay to the stop at Morodok Techo Stadium.

The second line links the stop at Olympic Stadium through Russian and Monivong boulevards to the stop at Morodok Techo Stadium.

The express bus lines will be operated by the Phnom Penh City Bus Authority.
By Lim Nary
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic