FREE Tickets to SEA Games Events for All Cambodians (and Foreigners)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: FREE Tickets to SEA Games Events for All Cambodians

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:04 am
...who wants to sit in a stadium in this heat and direct sunshine watching a bunch of foreigners running around in circles?
An interesting point which I hadn't considered when I posted my thoughts 😂

I still think it's worth going.

The stadium will be empty on the sunny side though, except for the odd, soused, shirtless barang soaking up the midday tropical sun.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Darkcel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:11 am Are tickets available to be purchased at the stadium or are they going to release some half working app? Nothing like spending an hour just to purchase tickets.
Ticket were sold here https://ticket.sportsmazing.com/ but after the announcement the site went down. I believe the cheapest tickets for the opening ceremony were $25
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:04 am Isn't this why the schools have been ordered shut?

Seriously, who wants to sit in a stadium in this heat and direct sunshine watching a bunch of foreigners running around in circles?
Many of the events take place in evening too. Olympic stadium is not a bad place to to watch football in the evening as there is bit of breeze there. I'm planning to take extended family kids to see football and maybe some other event too. Huge thing for them and which hopefully inspire them to do sports too.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

reggie perrin's dad wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:45 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:04 am
...who wants to sit in a stadium in this heat and direct sunshine watching a bunch of foreigners running around in circles?
An interesting point which I hadn't considered when I posted my thoughts 😂

I still think it's worth going.

The stadium will be empty on the sunny side though, except for the odd, soused, shirtless barang soaking up the midday tropical sun.
He's probably a down-and-out who has taken to sleeping there. Wow, he's in for a shock.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:04 am Isn't this why the schools have been ordered shut?

They haven't. Most that I know will remain open
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

reggie perrin's dad wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:28 am Free tickets to a great sports event? Excellent!

I'll see if I can get my partner to take the kids to some stuff.

An international sports event in a state-of-the-art arena is not something kids who've grown up here get to witness. :Yahoo!:

Yup, two of my kids and myself and going to watch the Muay Thai or Kun Khmer as they are calling it for a week or two
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:52 am
reggie perrin's dad wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:28 am Free tickets to a great sports event? Excellent!

I'll see if I can get my partner to take the kids to some stuff.

An international sports event in a state-of-the-art arena is not something kids who've grown up here get to witness. :Yahoo!:

Yup, two of my kids and myself and going to watch the Muay Thai or Kun Khmer as they are calling it for a week or two
That might be one of the few well attended games.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
CAMSOC-CAMAPGOC: Free SEA Games Tickets for Both Cambodians and Foreigners
AKP Phnom Penh, March 31, 2023 --
The SEA Games tickets are free for both Cambodians and foreigners, announced the Cambodian SEA Games-ASEAN Para Games Organising Committees (CAMSOC-CAMAPGOC) this morning.

The announcement was made following the decision of the cabinet plenary session held here at the Peace Palace this morning under the chairmanship of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia.

According to the source, the admission to the opening and closing ceremonies and all sporting events in the 2023 SEA Games-ASEAN Para Games hosted by Cambodia are free of charge for the national and international guests.

At the same time, it added, the Royal Government also grants free right to the broadcast of sports information both inside and outside the country.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:32 pm UPDATE
The SEA Games tickets are free for both Cambodians and foreigners, announced the Cambodian SEA Games-ASEAN Para Games Organising Committees (CAMSOC-CAMAPGOC) this morning.

The announcement was made following the decision of the cabinet plenary session held here at the Peace Palace this morning under the chairmanship of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia.

According to the source, the admission to the opening and closing ceremonies and all sporting events in the 2023 SEA Games-ASEAN Para Games hosted by Cambodia are free of charge for the national and international guests.

At the same time, it added, the Royal Government also grants free right to the broadcast of sports information both inside and outside the country.
- AKP
Although parking your vehicle outside the new stadium will be 5$ per hr. :beer3:
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:32 pm UPDATE

- AKP
This country has my head in a perpetual spin. Weren't they asking for USD 800,000 from Thailand for transmission rights just recently?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic