Riverside/Freelancers dangers?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ceoreg123
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Riverside/Freelancers dangers?

Post by ceoreg123 »

Cooldude wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:36 pm Last I knew they sold Valium over the counter in the pharmacies in Thailand.
They still do in many. Doesn't make it legal though.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Awesome first posts!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ceoreg123 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:14 pm
daiquiri wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:02 pm
In Bangkok there is massive police checks regarding drugs, they even search foreigners in the back of taxis etc. Anything in this regard to watch out for?

Thanks
Off topic, but I'm really curious ..... Really? Is it really that extreme? Did it happen to you, or do you have some stories? Unbelievable ... It's not that extreme in Cambodia I'd say ...

Other than that, I don't have much to add ... Except to check out st. 104 as well ... Same rules apply as for 130/136, which Bongmab69 already explained ...
Its absolutely that extreme in Bkk now. I got pulled over in a Taxi on Sukhumvit in the Asok/Nana area. Major police checkpoint looking into every single car going by in the evening hours. They searched me and had a cop do flips of joy and holding up a 10mg Diazepam tablet he found in my bag yelling: Valium, Valium!! Short time later the chief or whatever showed up and I calmly handed him over my perscription that the other pig could have pulled out of the same compartment of my bag. Was good to go then.

I could tell they were explicitly looking for drugs and by the way they searched my belongings they knew what they were doing. My friend who lives in bkk says that these checks are very common in certain areas only.

The drug laws are so draconian in Thailand that they can put you behind bars for quite long periods of time if they catch you even with personal use quantities. Cops know they can pretty much ask for however much they want, because if there is any way for you to come up with that money you absolutely will.
yes Valium is illegal and always has been even thou some Pharmacies will sell them.
there are random searches around Asoke, (just recently posted about the new club near Asoke) down to soi 4,and thats about it, got lots of friends in Bangkok

AS to weed, it is NOT ILLEGAL to buy, smoke or transport in the kingdom<"The drug laws are so draconian"ur joking right!!!!
you can even fly with it domestically :-)
and have it delivered by Thai post to ur house :beer3:

It is ILLEGAL to buy, posses, transport Hash and any eatables ( even thou they are also available for sale)

Only the flower, buds,leaves are legal
Last edited by phuketrichard on Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ceoreg123
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ceoreg123 »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:53 pm
In Bangkok there is massive police checks regarding drugs, they even search foreigners in the back of taxis etc. Anything in this regard to watch out for?

Thanks
Off topic, but I'm really curious ..... Really? Is it really that extreme? Did it happen to you, or do you have some stories? Unbelievable ... It's not that extreme in Cambodia I'd say ...

Other than that, I don't have much to add ... Except to check out st. 104 as well ... Same rules apply as for 130/136, which Bongmab69 already explained ...
Its absolutely that extreme in Bkk now. I got pulled over in a Taxi on Sukhumvit in the Asok/Nana area. Major police checkpoint looking into every single car going by in the evening hours. They searched me and had a cop do flips of joy and holding up a 10mg Diazepam tablet he found in my bag yelling: Valium, Valium!! Short time later the chief or whatever showed up and I calmly handed him over my perscription that the other pig could have pulled out of the same compartment of my bag. Was good to go then.

I could tell they were explicitly looking for drugs and by the way they searched my belongings they knew what they were doing. My friend who lives in bkk says that these checks are very common in certain areas only.

The drug laws are so draconian in Thailand that they can put you behind bars for quite long periods of time if they catch you even with personal use quantities. Cops know they can pretty much ask for however much they want, because if there is any way for you to come up with that money you absolutely will.
yes Valium is illegal and there are random searches around Asoke,(just recently posted about the new club near Asoke) soi 4,and thats about it,got lots of friends in Bangkok

AS to weed, it is NOT ILLEGAL to buy, smoke or transport in the kingdom<"The drug laws are so draconian"ur joking right!!!!
you can even fly with it domestically :-)

and have it delivered by Thai post to ur house :beer3:
Who talked about weed?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Thanks

Take the bus.
ceoreg123
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ceoreg123 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Thanks

Take the bus.
Lol. Personally, I just abstain while in Thailand. It's just not worth the risk to me.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Ten years ago the cops slept under a tree in front of Ekamei bus station, waking up for each bus arrival from Pattaya and then search all the falang for enhancers. Hefty fines handed out.
All you had to was exit the bus station by the NW side to avoid them.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Its same like in Pattaya. You don't take home girls from the beach. And dont go out with 100$ bills. Enjoy.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

ceoreg123 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:12 pm Hi,

I live in Pattaya and came across this Post in a Pattaya Forum:

" Be very careful, and sober, if you fish around Wat Phnom and Riverside "

The thread was about the locations and availability of freelancers in PP. Can someone please elaborate what the dangers are?

I'm going over Easter for a long weekend and have no intentions of spending much time sober. I always check a girls ID if there is any doubt in my mind that she's not at least in her mid twenties to be sure that she's not underage.

What would be better areas to pick up freelancers? Anything to worry about with girls on online dating sites? In Bangkok there is massive police checks regarding drugs, they even search foreigners in the back of taxis etc. Anything in this regard to watch out for?

Thanks
For free landers I personally use Lines Network for nice fancy girls the prices will be similar to the beer bars but you save the drinking and the bullshit. Price range between $60. /75. for two hours or $100. for the night. These girls have picture ID with them all the time. I have a strict security clearance in my building all visitors must have ID to have access to my flat, I also take photos of these documents and pics of the sex workers to avoid disappointment. If you like model freelancers you should try Oskar Bitro on Riverside, during the weekend there is always several high class freedom waiting at the bar zipping fancy wine.
Boredom is like a shroud
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

ceoreg123 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:12 pm Hi,

I live in Pattaya and came across this Post in a Pattaya Forum:

" Be very careful, and sober, if you fish around Wat Phnom and Riverside "

The thread was about the locations and availability of freelancers in PP. Can someone please elaborate what the dangers are?

I'm going over Easter for a long weekend and have no intentions of spending much time sober. I always check a girls ID if there is any doubt in my mind that she's not at least in her mid twenties to be sure that she's not underage.

What would be better areas to pick up freelancers? Anything to worry about with girls on online dating sites? In Bangkok there is massive police checks regarding drugs, they even search foreigners in the back of taxis etc. Anything in this regard to watch out for?

Thanks
Go there..... after midnight, even later.... 172 street.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic