I think my electricity charge is too much

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Re: I think my electricity charge is too much

Post by DavidFieldman »

cautious colin wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:58 am How much electric do you use?

aircons running all day?

You are also paying 30c per kwh which is more that most I would guess
I pay $0.025/kwh in Russian Market
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

[quote=DavidFieldman post_id=596243 time=1686578832 user_id=22796

[/quote]

2.5 cents per kwh? probably not
work is for people who cant find truffles
JF
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JF »

pissontheroof wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:55 pm
cautious colin wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:02 pm Also, at this time of year my bill goes up. Don't know if anyone else had this?

I am sure it could be legit as it's hotter and the Aircon has to work harder and is on a little longer

I pay EDC rates andy bill was 50% more this month. Without knowingly using more
My landlord charges double the normal rate , he told me not to use the “ big “ one .
So I got a cooler and make my own ice in the deep freezer .
I sweat a little but I got rags to tie around my head to keep the sweat from getting in my eyes or spotting up my reading glasses , haven’t seen any practical glasses 👓 with windshield wipers for sale anywhere
All I can say is it beats heating bills 💸
Are you saying that the refrigerator is the "big" one? Did you purchased a cooler that would replace the refrigerator? It sounds like it would be better off to move instead living in uncomfortable conditions

I been living in PP for few months and it does get hot everyday. It beats getting cold and depressing months. Used to live in northeast US. The weather there tends to get unpleasant, lol
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

DavidFieldman wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:07 pm

aircons running all day?

Multiply by ten and that is your rate. 0.25c/kwh
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

DavidFieldman wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:07 pm

aircons running all day?

Start mining bitcoin, now!
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

My landlord charges double the normal rate , he told me not to use the “ big “ one .
So I got a cooler and make my own ice in the deep freezer .
I sweat a little but I got rags to tie around my head to keep the sweat from getting in my eyes or spotting up my reading glasses , haven’t seen any practical glasses 👓 with windshield wipers for sale anywhere
All I can say is it beats heating bills 💸
[/quote]

Are you saying that the refrigerator is the "big" one? Did you purchased a cooler that would replace the refrigerator? It sounds like it would be better off to move instead living in uncomfortable conditions

I been living in PP for few months and it does get hot everyday. It beats getting cold and depressing months. Used to live in northeast US. The weather there tends to get unpleasant, lol
[/quote]

No the fridge he had was a smaller one so I bought my own big one , as a beer drinker I got 2 ;
fridges are all energy conscious these days
I was talking about the air conditioning , the main one is a “ big one “ was eating me alive so I got a hatari air cooler
You make ( or buy ) ice to put init , I make my own and it fans out the cooler air at you .
It works a lot better now that it’s not sweltering hot .. I have to turn it down low
The aircon is a smaller version in the bed room and if want cold use that one .
I have a long cord on the air cooler and wheel it around between rooms , it’s good !
I can live with the higher charge for electricity , the landlord has pool , good lighting around and security cameras
There is no extra maintenance charges so I’m happy to pay that charge thru higher electric charges .
I like my condo . It’s ground floor , no balcony to fall off of - super .

I could never face living in anerica anymore , anywhere except hawaii . To hell with heating bills !
( and mass shootings , people driving into crowds at 4th of july parades and all that junk . )
Black lives don’t matter to me …
The weather here is better now .. I could not live in Pp . I can’t even visit that place , it gives me the creeps .

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Lease renewal time, again. The landlady is proving difficult. Again.
The revised lease has been presented, and it’s typically vague and badly completed, just as before.

Would some kind soul who receives their own EDC bill, be so kind as to provide a photo of the billing rates as presented on an EDC bill?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:29 am Lease renewal time, again. The landlady is proving difficult. Again.
The revised lease has been presented, and it’s typically vague and badly completed, just as before.

Would some kind soul who receives their own EDC bill, be so kind as to provide a photo of the billing rates as presented on an EDC bill?
I think they depend on area and usage. I pay roughly 700R in Kampot.

Sorry I do not have a bill in front of me but if nobody else steps up I'll try to remember later.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:29 am Lease renewal time, again. The landlady is proving difficult. Again.

The price is progressive so to quote the EdC price you need to provide an amount.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:48 am

The price is progressive so to quote the EdC price you need to provide an amount.
In other words if you live in a complex the price might go up because your landlord counts as one entity. I've had friends pay as low as 480R but that was in the countryside.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic