Siem Reap recommendations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bulegila
Tourist

Siem Reap recommendations

Post by Bulegila »

Hi. Not sure if this is the correct section to post, so move as needed.

I have an old friend meeting me in Siem Reap, but I haven't been in about 5 years. I hear a lot has changed eg infrastructure and business closures due to COVID.

Does anyone have any favorite restaurants that I should check out? Previously I went to a great steakhouse that had been around a long time near pub street. I forgot the name and a quick search didn't ring a bell. Looking for any type of restaurants that are recommended. I always seem to run into bars without a problem, but any recommendations in that realm wouldn't go astray.
Thanks!
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Siem Reap recommendations

Post by ExPenhMan »

This Aussie couple on their YT channel called For Riel live in SR. This fresh video covers a bunch of places to eat on Taphul Road. It's a start.

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Bulegila wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:48 pm Hi. Not sure if this is the correct section to post, so move as needed.

I have an old friend meeting me in Siem Reap, but I haven't been in about 5 years. I hear a lot has changed eg infrastructure and business closures due to COVID.

Does anyone have any favorite restaurants that I should check out? Previously I went to a great steakhouse that had been around a long time near pub street. I forgot the name and a quick search didn't ring a bell. Looking for any type of restaurants that are recommended. I always seem to run into bars without a problem, but any recommendations in that realm wouldn't go astray.
Thanks!
Pasta LA Vista - Soksan rd

Cheap and tasty eats. They enslaved an Italian granny in the kitchen or something because the foods great!
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:00 pm They enslaved an Italian granny in the kitchen or something because the foods great!
Now thats a USP.
work is for people who cant find truffles
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Mamma Shop for Italian, Elia Greek Kitchen for, surprise, Greek food, Olive for tasty French food, The Hashi for Japanese, Jungle Burger for burgers and Maybe Later for Mexican, Dakshin's used to be great for Indian food but it was not all that good when I last visited.
Bulegila
Tourist

Post by Bulegila »

Thank you all. That's the start I needed. Much appreciated!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Wild Creative Cocktail Bar and Eatery - it's amazing :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Mostcurious
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Mostcurious »

There are so many restaurants to choose from in Siem Reap.
I would recommend the Jungle Sports bar on Sok San Road.
A wide choice of burgers and other dishes.
Good size portions.
This is a new level of burger cuisine !
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Was the steakhouse you remember called Tell? That was on the main road near ish to Pub St.

It's gone now but has re opened on Wat Bo road. Quite high end.

The other day, cops had closed off the section of road where it's located and were diverting traffic. Some bong very thom seem to share your fondness for their steaks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic