the latest promotion for thai holidays..

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

the latest promotion for thai holidays..

Post by truffledog »

If only the zero trash strategy and huge fines would be applied to all those thais tossing garbage everywhere...but I fear that this measure is only introduced to extort money from tourists. No Thai is ever going to pay such a fine.

work is for people who cant find truffles
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: the latest promotion for thai holidays..

Post by GMJS-CEO »

The jail time is scary, I don’t even know what a “yaer” is.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Yeah those fines are outrageous, considering that you can get away with a 1000 baht fine for assaulting someone, which is much more serious in my opinion.

That being said, I don't know anyone (Thai or foreigner) who has actually been fined that maximum amount. The left side of that poster has the same amount and prison time in the Thai language information, so clearly the idea is to scare both Thais and foreigners alike into submission.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:36 pm The jail time is scary, I don’t even know what a “yaer” is.
Knowing the Thais, they'll freeze you but keep you conscious for 100 of our years.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

agree that the fines are outrageous, (2,000 baht is fair)
BUT something needs be done, see daily Farangs using the beach as an ash tray<
its fucking disgusting>

BUT saying that i have NEVER seen any Thai police on the beach, ( unless they were responding to a jet ski scam) so nobody will be caught.
perhaps if they offer 50% of the fine to the guys renting jet ski's and running the para sail operation, something will happen>

FYI: unlike kep, where the locals are on the beach (or under the trees eating) or in the sea, one sledom sees thai's on the beach, they hate the sun
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic