Kampot Buffalo Backpacker bus allegation of $35,000 investment scam and hookers and jacuzzi

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Kampot Buffalo Backpacker bus allegation of $35,000 investment scam and hookers and jacuzzi

Post by ItWasntMe »

The screenshots makes you look worse lol.

He says you were doing fuck all to fulfill your end of the bargain and wanted to cut his losses handing over the business to you to do whatever with (while still supporting you with bookings).

You are going on a smear campaign with claims that has absolutely zero backup by the evidence you provide.

Sure you're not a no good alcoholic that thought someone else would do all the work while you sat back to have another beer?
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

Re: Kampot Buffalo Backpacker bus allegation of $35,000 investment scam and hookers and jacuzzi

Post by BuffaloBackpackerBus »

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:56 pm The screenshots makes you look worse lol.

He says you were doing fuck all to fulfill your end of the bargain and wanted to cut his losses handing over the business to you to do whatever with (while still supporting you with bookings).

You are going on a smear campaign with claims that has absolutely zero backup by the evidence you provide.

Sure you're not a no good alcoholic that thought someone else would do all the work while you sat back to have another beer?
Oh, I see Mr Selective Reading is back. Did you miss the parts where I point out the obvious contradictions in his claims? Shall I provide the screenshots where he tries to blackmail, harass and intimidate me into signing a fake ownership transfer document, or will you just ignore those too?

Weird that you're so ready to believe his claims when he hasn't provided any evidence that they are true. Almost like you only actually care about the veracity of the claims I'm making. Which is even weirder since you were only a brief moment ago defending ad hominem attacks against me. Are you a hypocrite, plain stupid, or both? Or maybe as it's been suggested elsewhere you're trying to defend your drinking buddy. Cute.

Still on Tenterhooks to see the wrath of the 'known members' against me, cos currently you're on your lonesome treacle. But hey, keep on defending criminality. It's a good look for you.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

BuffaloBackpackerBus wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:38 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:56 pm The screenshots makes you look worse lol.

Oh, I see Mr Selective Reading is back. Did you miss the parts where I point out the obvious contradictions in his claims? Shall I provide the screenshots where he tries to blackmail, harass and intimidate me into signing a fake ownership transfer document, or will you just ignore those too?

Weird that you're so ready to believe his claims when he hasn't provided any evidence that they are true. Almost like you only actually care about the veracity of the claims I'm making. Which is even weirder since you were only a brief moment ago defending ad hominem attacks against me. Are you a hypocrite, plain stupid, or both? Or maybe as it's been suggested elsewhere you're trying to defend your drinking buddy. Cute.

Still on Tenterhooks to see the wrath of the 'known members' against me, cos currently you're on your lonesome treacle. But hey, keep on defending criminality. It's a good look for you.
I thought you already tried to provide that very exact evidence, but please do it again and please do better this time.

I'm not a buddy of anyone but you have the personality of a potato and without knowing any details I already want to kick you out of our fantasy business.
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:44 pm

I thought you already tried to provide that very exact evidence, but please do it again and please do better this time.

I'm not a buddy of anyone but you have the personality of a potato and without knowing any details I already want to kick you out of our fantasy business.
Said in my first post that I provided all the evidence to admin. Said in that same post that I had shared highlights on the Buffalo Backpacker FB page. Said in a later post that I would send all my evidence to anyone who PM'd me for it. And provided portions of the evidence here.

You don't actually care about the details, you care that I bruised your fragile ego like an emotional little flower pot. Otherwise you'd have answered for the logical and hypocritical inconsistencies in your silly opinions, and you wouldn't be selectively choosing parts of my evidence, removing the context, and then trying - pathetically - to lambast me with them.

Thanks for pushing up the post count on this thread. Should help me bring attention to my case. Gold star for participation kiddo!

Was being called a 'potato' the wrath of the known members? I really shouldn't have messed with you! Please don't say anything about my mum, I just don't know if I will be able to take it.
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

Why do you feel that you need mechanical qualifications or experience to grease a truck?

You sound lazy.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

The reference to post count reminds me of another thread on here.
Also, my previous post seems to have disappeared, but I'm still not sure why someone who has the correct visa to allow them to be involved in business like this needs to do a visa run.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Is CEO now becoming public dirt laundry?
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

BuffaloBackpackerBus wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:55 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Said in my first post that I provided all the evidence to admin. Said in that same post that I had shared highlights on the Buffalo Backpacker FB page. Said in a later post that I would send all my evidence to anyone who PM'd me for it. And provided portions of the evidence here.

You don't actually care about the details, you care that I bruised your fragile ego like an emotional little flower pot. Otherwise you'd have answered for the logical and hypocritical inconsistencies in your silly opinions, and you wouldn't be selectively choosing parts of my evidence, removing the context, and then trying - pathetically - to lambast me with them.

Thanks for pushing up the post count on this thread. Should help me bring attention to my case. Gold star for participation kiddo!

Was being called a 'potato' the wrath of the known members? I really shouldn't have messed with you! Please don't say anything about my mum, I just don't know if I will be able to take it.
Yea that pretty much proves my point.
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

reflexline wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:09 pm Why do you feel that you need mechanical qualifications or experience to grease a truck?

You sound lazy.
It's a bit of a long answer but I will try to be succinct. Launch, November 24th to December 6th. I worked the bus every day, 7 hour days, plus doing online marketing. Within about 3 days I had the format figured out and was asking Geoff and Sokom for a staff member for the back of the bus. Geoff later claimed that Sokom had 'nothing to do with the business' and that staff hirings were my responsibility. Odd since G and S hired all the staff and refused my choices - even refusing to give me the drivers' phone numbers. Odder still that Sokom held and handled the bus profits, despite me saying I should hold the account.

Some further context. Before we launched Geoff refused to allow me to implement a booking system. He then yelled at me (in front of customers) the morning we launched because there was no system in place. To this day Geoff and Sokom refuse to provide me the ticket data for the period of December through January. Also between the launch and December 6th Geoff asked me to work damage control at the Arcadia bar the day the Greenboat sank. Prior to the bus launching I regularly voluntarily worked the Greenboat bar. That's just to address the 'lazy' claim, I worked the Greenboat bar, helped at the Arcadia bar, and helped Geoff/Arcadia financially for about 2 years.

December 6th I broke my ankle. Shortly after Geoff told me he was hiring 3 people to do my job - remember, he later told me I had been responsible for hiring all along. The 3 people would balance the marketing, island promotional trips, and working the bus. I told Geoff not to hire them and that I could do all of the marketing from a bed, I just needed 1 person who was not an Arcadia staff member for the back. Geoff gave the job to an Arcadia staff member who on finishing 7 hour on the bus daily had to then work Arcadia too. The 2 illegal foreigners he hired for trips to the island made a grand total of 1 trip to the island and made an arrangement with 1 business on the island. In contrast, when I had recovered(ish) I made 2 trips to the island and struck up agreements with 10+ places.

As for the period that his 3 members of staff worked. They worked 60 days out of the 90 the bus ran for (evidenced by Geoff's staff lunch claim). Which means that the 'poor marketing' I was apparently responsible for, well the hires he made against my say so were responsible for marketing. As well as hiring staff I told him not to hire, he had them make a website that I told him was a waste of money - my money specifically.

Early January. Geoff had become disillusioned with his illegal hires, and frustrated with his staff member on the back, going as far as to say he wouldn't pay the 2 foreigners for January if they didn't do enough work. I insisted that I was mobile enough to go to the island and was ready to go the following day. However Geoff got upset with me for supposedly leaking information about the Arcadia lease to a landowner he was trying to get a good deal with. I believe withholding information from an investor is fraud, but my point is he then told me I was 'out' and refused to talk to me for 2 weeks, meaning no promotional trip to the island. I never leaked that information, and he shouldn't have allowed his other business ventures to impact much needed progress that I was trying to make.

By the end of January Geoff and I had kissed and made up. At the start of February with my leg still in a splint I hobbled around the islands doing the promotional work that his hires had not done. Throughout February I worked every day. I took 2 trips to the island for promotion. I worked the bus 3 days out of 4 and 4th day I would have a friend drive me around Kampot to do promotion (because my bike was more fucked than my foot).

Across this period Geoff repeatedly refused to communicate with me over important business decisions, outright telling me he wasn't going to read the messages. He blocked me from using Arcadia staff to report ticket sales to me. Think about that - at a time when I could barely walk, and had no bike, I was forced to either make trips from Kampot to Arcadia to get the next day's numbers, or to make secret agreements with his staff to have them send me the bookings. He admonished me for asking questions about mechanical issues, telling me to 'stay in my lane'. And by the end of February he had me greasing the truck. I wasn't staying at Arcadia at this time because of my foot. I had to make trips to Arcadia to grease the truck.

Everything I have said above is evidenced in the doccuments I sent to the admin here, and I can share it all with you if you like.

But a couple of other things. Between Geoff's message trying to force me to sign the bus, and the statement he delivered to his lawyer, his reason for why he wanted to exit the agreement changes. There is no mention of my marketing in the statement, and there is no mention of me not registering the business in his original message.

Geoff also used him being 'too busy' as an excuse to ignore my messages. Anyone in Kampot notice Geoff drinking less throughout February? Doing Jet Boat trips less frequently? He was getting drunk and playing PlayStation as much as I have ever known him to.

Geoff also vetoed my logo designs and adverts for the Kampot Guide, opting for his own. If you take me up on the evidence offer you can decide for yourself which designs are better and which look like a child made them in Paint.

I hope the contradictions are a little clearer now. He says my marketing was poor. His hires were responsible for marketing. He blocked me from making a trip to the island. He made marketing and hiring decisions against my express say so that turned out to be a waste of money. He blocked my branding, advertising and booking systems, implementing his own and possibly damaging the business. He told me to 'stay in my lane', whilst interfering in my aspects of the business and having me do aspects of his job. His general characterisation of the amount of work he has done versus the amount I have done is massively exhaggerated.
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

Bluenose wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:33 pm The reference to post count reminds me of another thread on here.
Also, my previous post seems to have disappeared, but I'm still not sure why someone who has the correct visa to allow them to be involved in business like this needs to do a visa run.
This is explained in a previous post. I wanted to 'legitimise' the business, in part because I wanted to be on the correct visa, but also because I wanted the business legal. Geoff insisted we run the business through Arcadia. I compromised and said only until my visa was up end of April. It was to be 4/5 months and I was still not comfortable with it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic