Kampot Buffalo Backpacker bus allegation of $35,000 investment scam and hookers and jacuzzi

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

Re: Kampot Buffalo Backpacker bus allegation of $35,000 investment scam and hookers and jacuzzi

Post by BuffaloBackpackerBus »

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:30 am So far all we know is that another business has seemingly failed and a smear campaign is making its rounds from someone who by his replies seem like a pretty difficult person to deal with.

Holding my judgement until both sides has spoken and evidence been looked at by the competent & specialized authorities.
Awww, 'difficult', you flatter me. Which part of my response did you disagree with? I only made one response to the guy who suggested that I shouldn't give money to random dudes, advice I pointed out was irrelevant to my situation.

Or do you just generally think I should take an all-around more sunshine-and-rainbows approach to being ripped off?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Kampot Buffalo Backpacker bus allegation of $35,000 investment scam and hookers and jacuzzi

Post by phuketrichard »

BuffaloBackpackerBus wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:36 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:23 pm

I just noticed the route>
why would anyone think a bus between these two cities, aimed at backpackers, would ever make a profit?
there cant be that many backpackers headed to the islands
Wow. You noticed the route but didn't notice where I outline the average profits (not including the return trip). Pretty sure I also said I wanted to change the route, which under our original agreement was my prerogative, but that Geoff blocked me from doing so. Anything else you noticed buddy?
Nope: and having lived in Kep and knowing the make up of Kampot cant see the route for backpackers making a profit more than 3-4 months/year
backpackers route between PP an kampot or SNV LOL ... not like there aren't already lots of options for $10++

You dont know me and i'm not ur "buddy"

Last edited by phuketrichard on Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

BuffaloBackpackerBus wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:43 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:30 am So far all we know is that another business has seemingly failed and a smear campaign is making its rounds from someone who by his replies seem like a pretty difficult person to deal with.

Holding my judgement until both sides has spoken and evidence been looked at by the competent & specialized authorities.
Awww, 'difficult', you flatter me. Which part of my response did you disagree with? I only made one response to the guy who suggested that I shouldn't give money to random dudes, advice I pointed out was irrelevant to my situation.

Or do you just generally think I should take an all-around more sunshine-and-rainbows approach to being ripped off?
In your position, being an unknown coming to the forum for the sole purpose of running a smear campaign, it would benefit your character to be a bit humble.

But instead you come off as a confrontative know it all kind of person.

It's not hard to imagine someone who knows better than everyone else getting into bad business here. Or that their partner with more experience in Cambodia would grow tired of them.

Everything you say might be true, it's just the way you're going about it that makes me think it's important to hear the other side.

But keep going head to head with all the members here if you think that supports your cause.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:53 pm

In your position, being an unknown coming to the forum for the sole purpose of running a smear campaign, it would benefit your character to be a bit humble.

It's not hard to imagine someone who knows better than everyone else getting into bad business here. Or that their partner with more experience in Cambodia would grow tired of them.

Everything you say might be true, it's just the way you're going about it that makes me think it's important to hear the other side.

But keep going head to head with all the members here if you think that supports your cause.
I was clear from the first time I posted that I submitted my evidenced case to the admin here before posting it. I was 'confrontative' as you put it, when people started offering me useless hindsight, or throwing in their unevidenced hot takes. You're totally fine with the unevidenced, offensive, spurious claims against me from members of this forum, but upset that Geoff might be being unfairly represented here? Groovy.

The reason I have no time for these hot takes is that it's run-of-the-mill victim blaming. It comes from toxic, armchair losers, who get a hard-on for throwing their unfounded opinions into a situation they know little about, and who get their backs up when their blatant hypocrisies pointed out - like the hypocrisies you're displaying. If you would like to see the evidence as you boldly claim, you can head over to the Buffalo Bus Facebook where I said I have been evidencing these claims.

You think I wasn't expecting the boring victim-blaming crowd? Snore. I will file your 'humble' advice in the bin with the rest of it, because I think feeding the trolls will keep my post relevant.

Can you give me a bit of a heads-up as to what these armchair warriors might do to me if I continue standing up for myself? Because if it's as damning as your comments - well jinkies, I'm scared!
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:52 pm
BuffaloBackpackerBus wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:36 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:23 pm

I just noticed the route>
why would anyone think a bus between these two cities, aimed at backpackers, would ever make a profit?
there cant be that many backpackers headed to the islands
Wow. You noticed the route but didn't notice where I outline the average profits (not including the return trip). Pretty sure I also said I wanted to change the route, which under our original agreement was my prerogative, but that Geoff blocked me from doing so. Anything else you noticed buddy?
Nope: and having lived in Kep and knowing the make up of Kampot cant see the route for backpackers making a profit more than 3-4 months/year
backpackers route between PP an kampot or SNV LOL ... not like there aren't already lots of options for $10++

You dont know me and i'm not ur "buddy"

Do you have selective reading buddy? As I already pointed out, I wanted change the route. Try to hold my entire posts in mind when you reply, it makes for much more efficient communication. I know it can be difficult to hold as many as 2 points in your head at once but you will get there mate.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ItWasntMe wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:53 pm

It might stop future people getting burned by the Arcadia kiwi guy and his jao gf

I would doubt he ever sees any cash back out of it tbh but it's a valid cautionary tale
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

To the people concerned about Geoff's side of the story. This is his statement delivered through his lawyer regarding the matter. Without him weighing in here that's the best I can do I'm afraid. I have included screenshots from my rebuttal of his claims, and attached the full document with evidence for your reading pleasure.

Full doccument https://1drv.ms/w/s!AgBn4VhjjcvKgoA7Yu7 ... w?e=MfG1jg
BuffaloBackpackerBus
Tourist

I am on said visa run right now, headed to the beach on Koh Samet. Will have a drink for the haters, but to anyone concerned about my drinking I will make sure it's just the one.

Before I go for a swim though, here is the message from Geoff when he originally tried to force me to sign a fake ownership transfer document (by intimidating, blackmailing and harassing me - again I have fully evidenced this in the documents sent to the admin of this forum).

Note that he originally blames my marketing across a period where his illegal hires were responsible for marketing, as the reason why he wished to exit our agreement. But in his later statement through his lawyer claims it was because I wouldn't register the business.

On the topic of marketing, Geoff refused to use Arcadia to advertise the return journey, which is contrary to his sales pitch and our original agreement. I believe he was laying the groundwork to blame the lack of return traffic on my marketing. Why else would he not use Arcadia to boost the profits if his concern is that it's going to take longer for him to start seeing some cash?

Similarly, his claim that my investment would be paid out of the return journey only is nonsense, and contradicted by the fact that he says our agreement was that he would take 'no profits' until my investment is paid off. It looks to me like deliberate sabotage of the business so that he can blame my imaginary shortcomings on the reason the return journey had little traffic (again, I can evidence this and anyone who would like to see my whole case can PM me).
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

I hope you get your right. As for the disparaging remarks but some known (?) posters here: I think their remarks are not witty at all, more shitty actually, and I dont see any smear campaign. Maybe one or the other has some personal interest at stake here, like a free beer in Kampot or it is territorial instincts at work.

It is good that the forum provides a platform to out bad apples. Concerned parties will applaud when the other side will post its version.

What is very nice about CEO, other than that obsolete online dump, is that the OP had to provide material/evidence before going ahead. That's a standard pretty much unknown there and which was actively opposed by some of the past owners. Well-done CEO.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Ok so if we don't believe everything said without evidence we are arm chair losers and umm begging 50 cent beers?

I have to say, you and your posse comes off not so trustworthy.

That being said I have a great investment opportunity ;)
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic