Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Post by JReb »

Sure is a lot of wastes time and energy looking at weed research....I do my own research on life..
I do not believe in addiction...you want to go to a 12 step program go ahead..I wish you luck...I just stop..I lived in Jamaica 45 years ago in the Rasta world...I look at herb as part of life..hard drugs are evil in my book and slamming beers is a lot worse than weed..my research... bizarre to see this move in Thailand...when I was hanging out there the penalty was the same as yaba..opia..etc...Even my lady friends who seemed to all know how to construct an ice pipe out of 7/11 items said..SAME SAME but different...I hightailed it away from them..
If you are responsible...you know you cannot smoke before you go to work ..I was in a very stressful field and I would smoke when I got home....Just like you don't drink and go to work...find a new job if you doing that shit...
To see all these negative vibes backed up with lame research is just a buzz kill...
Mind your own business....
I never understood this addiction to nicotine...I was a Marlboro man..decades...I stopped... easy..
I went 9 months during covid without a drink or smoke...I just went 4 months without even one finger of my single malt collection...I kept buying gems when I found them....I had a few fingers a couple of days ago...
I have been smoking weed for over 50 years..no addiction...no problems..unless it was somebody who did not smoke killin my buzz.
Happy New Year...
🙏
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

QED with last poster. Although he's right on one thing - 12 step and the disease model of addiction is a crock of shit.

Look okay, I will rein my stance in a little. Im going to concede. I have considered my position, Im being too militant.

If you're smoking a doob at the end of your working day then there's nothing much wrong with that. Fine. However it could be 0.1g of heroin off the foil. Or a couple of beers.

Thing is no one is smoking 0.1g of heroin off the foil and nothing during the day at all. I have never known anyone manage to do it. If I could I would - but I cant.

Alcohol - millions have a glass of something at 6pm, including my 86 year old Mother, its never done her any harm. And up to about the age of 60 she'd smoke her one cigarette a day when she had that drink.

Weed? If that's all you smoke, a spliff an evening thats all good. I concede.

But I'm willing to bet almost everyone of you stoners sparks up a cone after breakfast or before work, has another at lunch, followed by another in the evening. I reckon none of you smoke evening only. I also bet some of you smoke in bed and possibly even wake up at night and take a couple of tugs on the spliff in the ashtray by your bed.

That's drug addiction and sure compared to alcoholism or heroin addiction it isn't as bad. But compare that to sobriety? Its not good and poor health, physical and mental, is in the post. Its coming for you.

Have a nice evening enjoying your poison, whatever it may be. Just be real about it.

I-tection, Selassie I continually! Bo!

(Or whatever it is you pot heads say)

:good:
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:08 pm I-tection, Selassie I continually! Bo!
(Or whatever it is you pot heads say)
pass the doobie sticky fingers !
work is for people who cant find truffles
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:23 pm
orichá wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:11 am
You cannot throw out the comparison between nicotine, heroin and marijuana because the difference between the effects of using these drugs is key to understanding their essential nature.
Listen dude, this is getting boring and you are clearly a pot head/stoner (aka marijuana addict) so I know I am not going to get through to you.

Anyone who has experience comparing these substances, or observing their effects upon users already knows both heroin and nicotine are hard to kick, while marijuana causes absolutely no physical dependency or serious illness whatsoever whenever one stops using it cold turkey.
Well get this. I was a habitual marijuana smoker for about 6 years. I was a cigarette smoker for about 25 years. I was also a functioning heroin user for 6 years and a heroin addict for 5 years. I
Also I believe, in my experience, there IS a physical withdrawal from marijuana as there is with nicotene. Yeah, compared to withdrawing from heroin and alcohol its nothing.

I'm going to assume you smoke pot several times daily. Do you hand on heart believe that you could stop your marijuana consumption and have no adverse effects, no physical craving and no psyhcological difficulties or insomnia?
Psychadelics arent addictive, I will give you that. No one gets addicted to acid. (People have ruined their lives on acid though.) But Marijuana? Its addictive! End of subject.
I am embarrassed now.

Although a time long ago I used to be a dealer of marijuana, I seldom smoke anymore. And, my use of marijuana prior to my business venture was strictly confined to once or twice weekly, as mentioned in my earlier post -- to treat my ulcerative colitis. Anyway, very low dosages of potent weed stop inflammation of the bowel, which in my case was a hereditary condition.

This entire year of 2023 so far, I have only shared one or two pipes with friendly neighbors ... that's all... But I am contemplating buying a little bit to bake some cookies.

By no means am I now, nor was I ever, a stoner. So, you do know more about heavy usage than I ever will. (I had more fun selling weed for 6000 dollars a kilo after paying 300 or 500 for it, lol...)

All that said, I find cigarette smoking far more annoying and anti-social -- cigarettes ruin the ambience of clubs and bars. Cigarettes are definitely more unhealthy than weed, psychedelics, mushrooms or MDMA...

I stop now. Goodnight...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Cannabis is a drug. It exists in pill (and other) form in exact dosages and ingredients.

In the hands of a physician, it can be a good adjunct on top of existing treatments. He or she makes a balance between medication interactions and addiction. And follows the patient over time to asses effect.

Not as someone who just smokes an unknown concentration until they feel better whenever they want.

Lots of people with psychiatric disorders self treat with all sorts of stuff instead of getting proper treatment.

Just like cocaine is great drug, in the right circumstances.

My opinions, of course.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:08 pm
But I'm willing to bet almost everyone of you stoners sparks up a cone after breakfast or before work, has another at lunch, followed by another in the evening. I reckon none of you smoke evening only. I also bet some of you smoke in bed and possibly even wake up at night and take a couple of tugs on the spliff in the ashtray by your bed.
Dude, you need to stop projecting your sleazy past habits. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:07 am
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:08 pm
Dude, you need to stop projecting your sleazy past habits. 8-)
Not my old habits. I bet thats something you do though. The waking up in the night thing.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Nope, there are no ashtrays anywhere in my house and people can only smoke outside. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Khmu Nation wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:04 am
We don't do that for a good reason, Khmu...physics.
^
Lighting a ciggie / doobie in a poach of biogaz will only get you a gaz blast.

I bet you smells yours before hitting CEO with your putrid projections.
Another level of high indeed ^^
Must have been hard shit you've been using, i feel for you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

with this site; no matter where you are in Thailand you cna find ur weed:

https://weed.th/
4,754 weed shops
11,712 7/11's to put it in perspective.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic